Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen someone do something awesome recently? - Submit a Ribbobn Nomination!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen someone do something awesome recently? - Submit a Ribbobn Nomination!

Hey guys,

A few of us have been talking about the lack of ribbon nominations attributed to the Arma community of late - so I'd like to take this moment to encourage that we all keep an eye out for anyone doing something awesome.

This could be something as small as spotting a BMP in defilade waiting for your squad to accidentally move into it's line of sight, spotting that BMP could have just saved all of your virtual lives!

Maybe your AT Rifleman just landed a shot on that BMP from one kilometer away, paving the way for the rest of your team to safely assault an objective? That's a pretty impressive feat.

Did your Squad leader, or fireteam leader manage to keep you all organised and in turn lead you to victory under stressing odds - I.e. a Russian infantry platoon bears down on you, with several squad mates down and discord and chaos spreading across the team, you loose your grip on Situational Awareness and it looks like you're probably going to respawn / spectator script / seagull time. Alluva sudden your squad lead / fireteam lead calls over radio for you to reform, calls out contact, reorganises your team and co-ordinates fire between squad mates, buying your team enough time to organise a tactical egression and break from contact? That sounds like a nomination to me.

There's tonnes of different reasons why someone might deserve a nomination - keep an eye out, you may not have ever noticed before!

Some info on how to nominate can be found here - http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...bon-works.html

If you need a hand writing a nomination there's plenty of people around, myself included, that would be more than willing to lend a hand - just poke me on TS or send me a pm!

Re: Have you seen someone do something awesome recently? - Submit a Ribbobn Nominati

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
    "...it looks like you're probably going to respawn / spectator script / seagull time"
    Oh how I miss the Spectator script/Seagull times. There is nothing like 1 life no respawn mission.

But going back on topic...

This is a great opportunity for you guys to give thanks to the guy/gal next to you. Who could've saved your simulated life from eating the pixel bullet. Or thank the guy who stepped up and took charge when chaos with a side of OMGWTF-mang! was the special of the day.

Besides, who doesn't like Jace(ZZZZ)'s "Ribbobn's" :P

Looking forward to great AARs and Awards & Ribbons for TG ArmA!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Have you seen someone do something awesome recently? - Submit a Ribbobn Nominati

I would like to second this from the above posts. The majority of us have a pad due to the nature of this game. Take the time and jot a couple of notes in the lul/down time so those write ups are way easier!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X