Huge kudos to Jaycius.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge kudos to Jaycius.

So I finally played Arma 2 on the TG Alpha server. This was, I think, my 2nd or 3rd time in the game at all. I had no idea what I was doing, nor what mods I should have, or what I shouldn't have, and I didn't know a lot of commands.

So what happened? Jaycius took time out of his playing to help me out. He told me what mods would be helpful and make the game a better experience for me overall. I'd never even talked to the guy before, but he was helpful and patient with my newbiness.

After I was all setup, he asked me what I wanted to do. Well, from what I recalled, he was my team leader, so I told him "Hey man, you have the status of leader. You lead me."

And so he did...

He was a phenomenal leader, constantly in communication letting me know what buildings I needed to clear and where I needed to be. He always had my back, and even introduced me to other people that were playing. I'd never felt so welcome. It was an awesome time.

So for the hours this morning that he spent teaching me the ropes and being all super-cool, I wanted to say 'thank you Jaycius'. Arma 2 is a very confusing and daunting game at first, but he helped me make sense of it.

Re: Huge kudos to Jaycius.

You're very welcome Wafflebot, and thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated. Welcome to TG Arma and I hope you enjoy many more gaming sessions on both servers in the future.

For a relative newbie to Arma you did yourself proud on the battlefield too. Your comms are good, you know when to take a risk and you appreciate a bit of teamwork. It's all good and with a bit of practice I'm sure you'll soon be at the peak of your game kicking butt on the field.

Keep an eye on the forums for upcoming group training events to give you some extra help and skills - all very informal. There is a wealth of help on here so if ever you've a question feel free to ask anyone (after a quick search naturally :-P).

Look forward to seeing you in-game again soon.

sigpic
    D E A T H
    IT'S OUR LIFE

Comment

To everyone else who played on todays 2 Insurgency sessions on Alpha - many thanks for the good gaming. Some good times, cracking shots and nice teamwork.

ADMINS : Does this qualify for a ribbon? :-P
      Last edited by Jaycius; 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM. Reason: typo

sigpic
      D E A T H
      IT'S OUR LIFE

Comment

Write one up Wafflebot

@Jaycius
        Although Admins can submit a single or multiple nomination/s depending on the circumstances.
        Any one can nominate a fellow player for a ribbon without the need for an initial Admin appoval.
        Whether it gets passed/gets an okay is another story.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Waffle, you will learn as you play that almost 100% of our little group is like that ;) We enjoy the game and we enjoy showing new players what it is we do even more. @Jay, you sir, are exactly what TG is about. Taking time to further the love for gaming towards new players. Players like you are the reason TG is so strong as a community and why we grow daily. I applaud you in your efforts.

Waffle if you ever need or want to learn things, just poke around. There are plenty of "Subject Matter Experts" floating around. Pick the brains of the people that lead, fly, and command. You will learn much young padawan :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Haha, good job on insurgency killing and all that.

I can vouch for Waffle, he is a great guy, and fun to lead.

I had the honor of leading him and a couple of others in a co-op mission yesterday and I say, he follows orders to the letter.

Great job Waffle, keep it up!
            |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
            Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
            We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
            And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
            He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              @Jay, you sir, are exactly what TG is about. Taking time to further the love for gaming towards new players. Players like you are the reason TG is so strong as a community and why we grow daily. I applaud you in your efforts.
              Why thank you Dredge. Glad to be of help.

sigpic
              D E A T H
              IT'S OUR LIFE

Comment

Not to mention those who volunteered to be cannon fodder on the OPFOR side ;)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler View Post
                  Not to mention those who volunteered to be cannon fodder on the OPFOR side ;)
                  Don't sell yourself short, Butler, I distinctly remember taking an RPG to the face a couple of times from you. One time in particular was while in a vehicle with 3 other of my squad mates. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wafflebot View Post
                    So I finally played Arma 2 on the TG Alpha server. This was, I think, my 2nd or 3rd time in the game at all. I had no idea what I was doing, nor what mods I should have, or what I shouldn't have, and I didn't know a lot of commands.

So what happened? Jaycius took time out of his playing to help me out. He told me what mods would be helpful and make the game a better experience for me overall. I'd never even talked to the guy before, but he was helpful and patient with my newbiness.

After I was all setup, he asked me what I wanted to do. Well, from what I recalled, he was my team leader, so I told him "Hey man, you have the status of leader. You lead me."

And so he did...

He was a phenomenal leader, constantly in communication letting me know what buildings I needed to clear and where I needed to be. He always had my back, and even introduced me to other people that were playing. I'd never felt so welcome. It was an awesome time.

So for the hours this morning that he spent teaching me the ropes and being all super-cool, I wanted to say 'thank you Jaycius'. Arma 2 is a very confusing and daunting game at first, but he helped me make sense of it.

Welcome to TG ARMA....I think you will like it here....Nice job Jaycius. Thanks for leading the way.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Wafflebot View Post
                      Don't sell yourself short, Butler, I distinctly remember taking an RPG to the face a couple of times from you. One time in particular was while in a vehicle with 3 other of my squad mates. ;)
                      Ohhhh yeahhhh, i vaguely remember that :D
                      sigpic

Comment

Nothing says community love like RPG's to the dome! Man I love this game lmao

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ask Butler for his K to D ratio for that game...lol

Comment

I thought there was just a die ratio, thats all i have. People really track that in Arma, I did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAP44 View Post
                              Ask Butler for his K to D ratio for that game...lol
                              LOL, now that would spoil the fun :P
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...