My first round of Arma Insurgency!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first round of Arma Insurgency!

Well as the thread says tonight was my first experience of the above and I have to say I loved it. I get the impression its not everyone's cup of tea, but personally it was the most fun I have had on TG server's so far.

Might be because it's an easy introduction or transition from BF2:PR, we have a long standing insurgency mode. Also the fact that you get to play on Zargabad (I assume it was that or something sharing an awful lot of the same terrain and buildings) was great as that's my favorite map.

Looked beautiful when I was playing, got great FPS, in the 30's to 50's when FRAPS'ng at full screen, 1920 by 1200 with most things on very high.

Another great aspect of the mode for me was that you can self start, as it were, yet take it as tactically as you want. We had some tremendous laughs, took some compounds very well and carried out some nice fire and maneuver.

I will spend some time this week making the video and throw it on here, the FRAPS raw footage looks awesome.

If you ever want to give some PR players their first taste of Arma I would highly recommend this version. I appreciate it may not be to every regular Arma players' taste but for me it was spectacular, I could see myself squad leading in that mode happily. I could also see other PR vet's slotting in smoothly and having a great time. Please run this as regularly as you can (communities wishes allowing).

Thanks very much to all who played tonight, best night's gaming I have had in a very long time, bloody marvelous chaps!

Re: My first round of Arma Insurgency!

I had to leave because of RL, sorry i coudnt play longer. Its more fun with more people. I enjoy it more without live opfor but i am a coop kind of guy, not that I won't play tvt though.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Sir, hope to see you on the battlefield real soon .
      sigpic

Comment

Sat at work today chuckling about some of the funny things that happened, not all of which I managed to get on Fraps.

CorpDuty is trying to rescue a wounded team mate in a compound, he hugs the wall, edging closer to the corner. He is feet in front of me and the odd random round pings off the sandstone.

"I'm going to throw smoke and then drag him out of there" he shouts

Smoke is thrown

"Where'd it go, I can't see it"

By now I can hardly talk I am laughing so hard. The red smoke grenade has somehow stuck to the wall directly above him and to the left, sending a giant plume of colourful smoke skyward, signalling our presence to all and sundry. The volume of fire on our position seems to greatly increase, we run away.

Regrouping we set out again, Corp stumbles on a sneaky insurgent hiding in a house behind a partially open door. Corp flings the door open, steps into the funnel of death (doorway) and aggressively brandishes his........bright red smoke grenade lol. The Insurgent hacks him down.:icon_lol:

Comment

Yeah, thanks for taking the time to play with us guys. We had an awesome time. I think Live Opfor is fun, I liked it when the 99th stepped up. We had a lot of good fights.

Comment

......sigh.....grenades in ARMA are slightly unpredictable :P i normally dont enjoy insurgency but ya it was a ton of fun last night lol
            |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

It was pretty fun last night. Although, those RPGs were getting quite annoying :) I'm just surprised that we had managed to stumble on the cache in Bastam. My props to Corp for finding that cache.
              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I really like the insurgency game mode. Especially for smallish groups.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

ya, Insurgency is fun, without a doubt. I'm glad you guys had a good time. I'm sad that I wasn't there. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                    Yeah, thanks for taking the time to play with us guys. We had an awesome time. I think Live Opfor is fun, I liked it when the 99th stepped up. We had a lot of good fights.
                    Your more then welcome, myself and Hawke will always be happy playing OPFOR against you guys, creates a whole new game against AI and Live players.
                    sigpic

Comment

Video of the Insurgency round, brightness is a bit off and somewhat blurry for 1080P, not sure why but there you go. Not very tactical but amused me!

Comment

Would it be to hard to port this to ACE+ACRE?

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                          Would it be to hard to port this to ACE+ACRE?
                          Not at all, I have a (slightly old) ACE/ACRE version sitting on my PC and it took me about 2/3 hours in total in the end (Although it only works occasionally due to a bug which has since been fixed by the devs of the mission). The most time consuming part was adding all of the weapons, in the end I wrote a tool to do it for me in 5 seconds as opposed to 5 hours.

I think there is an ACE version out there now, but if there isn't I would be willing to ACE/ACRE'fy the latest version of Insurgency if there is any interest.

Some of the most fun I have had playing ArmA has been playing Insurgency with ACE and ACRE.

Comment

Hehehe.

My ATV doughnuts are the jealousy of the ARMA community.

Had a great time playing with you Wicks, hope to see you on the battlefield some more.
                            |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                            Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                            We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                            And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                            He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I think this (below) is the ACE version, I d/l'd it last night and had it up and running in a LAN CO-OP with ACE running, don't know about ACRE.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ght=INSURGENCY

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X