Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR: ARMA 2 Cancelled...

Hey folks,

Looks like EA has acquire Reality Studios... resulting in a cancellation of the PR:ARMA2 project.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...quisition.html

Re: PR: ARMA 2 Cancelled...

Damn! I was too fast to react! THey freakin' got me on this one!

It is April's fool in Autralia... silly time zones!

Comment

Oh.

That's all I will say on this matter.

( how far ahead is aussytralia anyway? )

Comment

LOL, yeah, for the ArmA guys who rarely hit the PR site, they are famous for their April fools jokes, there have been some dingers in the past. Looks like we have another winner! :D

Comment

Thats not even trying hard.. EA??? haaa

Comment

...Battlefield 3. Among the various tasks these people will be working on is implementation 128 player support on PC.
            Ugh, couldn't they have joked about something more tasteful? Like necrophilia?
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

To be fair, it is piratically vaporware, so not that big of a gag.
              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                To be fair, it is piratically vaporware, so not that big of a gag.
                Harsh. It was only announced about a year ago as a start up project...

"I've killed just about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And im here to kill you."

Comment

considering the grief this whole PR: Arma2 thing caused at TG I dont really think its a very funny joke

sigpic

Comment

When all else fails, ask a dev *waves hand* :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

they had me for a bit, until i realised the date

i was half wondering what stunt they'd pull this year. though tbh last years double bluff was better
                      AnimalMother
                      Ex TG-31st LR
                      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I tease because of the posts asking for people who actually know how to import the models into the game engine. Along with posts on BIF asking for actual programmers, and so on. It seems odd to work on a mod and not actually have people qualified to even work with the engine that they are designing content for.

I will still contest that this is nothing more than a mission template/framework, with some modified community scripts, and a load of models required to play TVT/PVP encounters. None of which requires a mod to do honestly.

Modified loading screens, and recolored menus.
                        High poly count units for ... replacements that are already in game?
                        Slightly modified/modernized versions of community scripts that already are in game or usable via mission design.
                        Just seems like alot of promises while the actual content is questionable at best to be considered a mod.

A good TVT framework, with a solid mission design can lead to some wonderful TVT game play in arma with or without mods. That I will not argue, but to introduce a framework to remove that creative design, call it a mod, and package that as the one way to play the game. It just appears to limit the game and mission developers and simply draw on the attraction and name recognition from a prior successful mod, while actually limiting the new engine that it is branching out into.
                        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

With all due respect, I think you are missing out on a lot of the details. Regardless, it is a case of wait and see and make your own decision.

However, I will say this.....If it was such a "con", surely then they would not be working so closely with BIS themselves.............

Comment

I don't know seem to be one of these all in one mods like ACE, just TVT based. I would'nt call it a mission framework, it seems they want all the files across all the servers to match, so that any one can fire up there mod and play it on any pr server. While that sounds good for ease of use its a total kicked in the hind in to mission makers as any new content would have to go throught them.

From the main arma forums.

Welcome To Part 3 of the PR:ArmA2 Highlights Special week!

- PR: ArmA2 - Install, set up etc

As we have stated before, we intend to release PR as a complete installer package. One which you can simply install via its own single installer, run with the shortcut provided and instantly join in a Project Reality server, much like the current PR:BF2 system. In this way we can control both client and server files to ensure they match, leaving players with minimal worries about which version they may need. Each release or patch will again be much like PR: BF2 to keep the continuity between the server/client files. We will however provide an additional install package in the form of a compressed file, to manually install, for the users who prefer this method.

A PR:ArmA2 PDF user manual will be provided with every install too, so players can get a better understanding of the dynamic gameplay. This way we can cater for all manner of players, whether you're an ArmA2 veteren or new to the game.

-The Project Reality Team

Comment

The whole thing diidn't got much of a rise from the Arma guys. The whole PR tihing is like we are this little back water company waiting to be gobbled up by the huge multinational... soon...sometime...maybe. We keep stumbling along waiting for damnation or salvation, depending on your view.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X