Arma 1.59 Patch *Applied to server*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 1.59 Patch *Applied to server*

Arma 1.59 patch is now available for download: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?optio...atch-1&lang=en "DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO" by the admins. They have to wait for steam and update the servers.

VERSION 1.58 and 1.59 HIGHLIGHTS

* Significantly improved convoy and driving AI behaviour
    * Numerous combat AI enhancements and fixes
    * Enhanced vegetation rendering
    * Improved commanding interface
    * Several MP security fixes
    * Tweaked speed of transition animations

Version 1.58-1.59 Changelog
    ---------------------------

Engine
    ------
    * Fixed: Su-34 crashed after take off when player was a gunner (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18371)
    * Optimized: Improved FPS in some scenes when looking through scope into forest.
    * Fixed: Crash after UI navigation Options > Audio Options > Auto adjust > Cancel
    * Improved: Quick commanding menu now allows to order multiple units to engage or fire at the same time.
    * Fixed: regularCheck no longer done for players not fully ingame to prevent timeouts during the mission loading.
    * Changed: Manual vectoring control in autohover mode with analogue throttle using Flaps actions.
    * Fixed: Helicopter did not take off when engine was off and enemies nearby.
    * Improved: Faster Signature checks on server side.
    * Improved: Only first AI unit in each formation reports its position on Report Status.

re: Arma 1.59 Patch *Applied to server*

Servers had already been prepared based on Steam release.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Are we supposed to update to this now or wait for ACE to catch up to the new release?
      I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
      Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

We are currently waiting on Steam to push through the update. Once that is done there will be a post in the forum telling everyone to update.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I keep getting a jayarmalib update available when I start TS. Am I right to assume that is because there is an ACRE update to ArmA OA 1.59 and because steam is behind in pushing the 1.59 patch jayarmalib can’t patch what isn’t there. And that once I get the 1.59 patch jayarmalib updater will do its thing. I guess you can follow what I’m saying…another Bud please!

Comment

I updated JayArmalib, and it was a mistake. I got a bunch of .dll missing errors when trying to launch ARMA after that.

If that happens to any of you, I fixed it by installing the MS Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) located here -> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3-37bf0912db84

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

I updated it as well but I got no errors at all , I don't know why you would get so many errors
              - - -

Comment

There have been about 3 updates in the past 3 days. :p

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Perhaps a little common sense thinking before people rush and update things - the old tried and tested back up the modfolder first... ? I still don't get why people don't do this often enough. For such a mod-heavy game this should be a very reasonable and common-place thing we are all doing, unless you've got backups of the downloaded versions to hand. Either way its a simple fix - roll back to a known-working version.

sigpic
                  D E A T H
                  IT'S OUR LIFE

Comment

Jaynus pushed a fix yesterday he hoped would work and it apparently has. I was asked about updating this morning, clicked yes then read the post Jaynus made on BI forums. So went to desktop and logged in again and for the first time the last couple days wasn’t asked about updating so I think he has succeeded in fixing this. Steam getting the 1.59 patch done hasn't happened though :(

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycius View Post
                      Either way its a simple fix - roll back to a known-working version.
                      You cant just roll back if you update.
                      E.g. If you patch to the latest and then find out it has major bugs and you want to go back down a version.
                      You have to re-install arma and then do the update stages to the vesrion you want. The only other way i can think of by rolling back is using the roll back tool with windows.

Comment

You make a copy of your ArmA folder, and rename said folder to switch versions... That is about a 16gb to 20gb trial just so see how each version works with mods, and patch versions.

My ArmA directory is basicly as follows
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Arma2_157\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Arma2_159\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Backup\A2\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Backup\OA\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Backup\Mods\TG\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Backup\Mods\UO\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Backup\Mods\ST\
                        B:\Games\ArmA2\Backup\Mods\A2G\

I use symbolic links to launch each version of the game depending on when and where I am playing, and with which modset.
                        Basically it uses a slightly more disk space but I am able to keep each version separate, and each mod package separate.

The source files for each game are kept in my A2 and OA folders, copies are made to the 157 and 159 folders.
                        Registry changes are made before I patch to change the install paths so I can patch the 157 and 159 folders separately.
                        Simple symbolic links are created by batch file to the appropriate mod folders before each game launch to setup which mod folders for which server I am playing at on that day.

It end having the two separate installs of ArmA 2 for 1.57 and 1.59 is the only real downside, space wise, and it eats up about 40gb of space.

All this being said, I wish we were not stuck waiting on Valve Time. The 1.59 patch has been very nice.
                        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Id just like to point out that for those of you who want to patch to 1.59 to play ArmA on pretty much any server but ours (if ours is empty) the non steam patch IS COMPATIBLE with steam versions! Ive patched to 1.59 with no problems what so ever. I respect the admins decisions to wait for Steam but i enjoy harassing Acog about not updating the server yet >:0
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                            All this being said, I wish we were not stuck waiting on Valve Time. The 1.59 patch has been very nice.
                            ^^This. It's why I am always just a little bit apprehensive about buying stuff through steam.

Comment

Valve with a Western Triple A developer/publisher studio often do not encounter these levels of difficulties.

That being said it is pretty much par for course when dealing with self publishers and European developers interacting with Valve.

Right now the general issue is that the current patch that Valve is using is not patching all files properly, there are additional files that are not being removed (old version and ... if present load into memory by way of how ArmA works).

Valve is being slow to respond if at all to BIS's point of contact that works with Valve on these deployments.
                              BIS was under self obligations to release the 1.59, as their other publishing required them to (see Reinforcements release).

Right now, while I know that you can run the 1.59 patch, and that you can make it work with the Steam version. I would NOT recommend if you use ArmA tied into your Steam in anyway shape or form.
                              If you have removed ArmA from your steam folders and modified your registry settings to allow ArmA to run from a separate folder, and have modified all the registry settings indicating where the program resides, then yeah, you could go forward with the 1.59 if you are so inclined.

The main problem is that MANY people use steam as their end all and be all program to handle their games. They use it as their patching system and central management utility. It is fine for these roles. Where we run into problems is when events like this happen where the developer puts out the patch and they end up waiting for the 3rd party to support it. Alternative methods do exist to make the current patch work with what is out there, with Steam ... but unless you are deciding to abandon Steam's ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA integration, you will run into issues, and Steam will re-download the content to match it's patching style. For some users this can be an excessive task. Most people on fast connections do not notice this. But those on limited bandwidth, and or quota'ed internet connections can be impacted by this in great levels. Add in the fact that Steam can not patch modified content within the files of ArmA, but instead has to redownload the entire changed files, this can make the current 600mb patch (1.09+1.59) grow upwards of a 6gb download. This is not terribly advisable for users that fall into this category.

Suffice to say this sucks.

If the patch is not public by the upcoming Monday we may be adopting it in light of all of these challenges, and deal with the aftermath as it comes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X