Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcing Bohemia Interactives newest title: Take On Helicopters!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing Bohemia Interactives newest title: Take On Helicopters!

Prague, Czech Republic 31st March

Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce the development of a brand new helicopter game: Take On Helicopters. Built upon over 10 years of experience, Take On Helicopters immerses players within beautifully rich landscapes and an authentic helicopter experience. The complete helicopter experience is scheduled for release exclusively for PC in Q4 2011.

- Take your first steps towards mastering rotor-wing flight across a massive range of enjoyable challenges, or create your own missions using the powerful easy-to-use mission editor.
    - Take to the air above two beautifully rich and expansive environments, based upon real-world North American and South Asian terrain-data.
    - Take on cutting-edge technology, helicopters modeled in stunning detail, a large-scale, open-world sandbox and authentic flight dynamics...
    - Take On Helicopters!

In the latest installment of Bohemia Interactive's line-up of immersive games, the player takes on the role of a civilian helicopter pilot. Harry Larkin's aviation business has fallen on tough times. Built up over decades, it's now only days away from closure. His sons face an uncertain future, struggling to save the company their father spent his whole life building. Together, they must take on contracts and competitors; together, they take on helicopters!

Take On Helicopters will offer:

- High fidelity flight dynamics modeling
    - Richly modeled helicopters & cockpits
    - Expansive & detailed environments
    - Powerful & intuitive mission editor
    - Multiplayer in co-op & competitive scenarios

See more at http://takeonthegame.com/

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: Announcing Bohemia Interactives newest title: Take On Helicopters!

Announcing the first PRE-DLC for Take On Helicopters!!!

Prague, Czech Republic 1st April
    Today we proudly announce the first batch of pre-LC for our upcoming project, 'Take On Helicopters'. Pre-order the pre-lc today, and get free (limited) access to post-release patches!

For the last week, our busy worker-bees have been tirelessly stripping away content from the main game to ensure the best possible return for your support.

Project Lead, Joris-Jan pan 't Land, remarked: "'Take On Helicopters: Zombie Apocalypse', really lets us take the new IP in the direction we really should have gone from the start. We're not big fans of content, but we're huge supporters of loads and loads of cash."

The whole Take On team sincerely believes that realism and fun don't easily go hand in hand; however, zombies and helicopters were made for each other. Everyone is hot for zombies right now. The community want it, we want it, its a win:win for everyone.

Undead Lead, Karel 'hollywood' Moricky noted: "After the rather flat reception to our announce trailer, we felt we really needed to raise our game... by raising the dead! Expect Zombies, nukes, transforming helicopters, and everything from the Tony Scott school of design. Minus the copyright infringement."

The best part about the game, is taking community content, repackaging it, and selling it back. Obviously we have to spend some time breaking things and introducing bugs to keep us busy over the following days and years, but it's a small sacrifice. And you can bet we'll be honking on some phat Cubans while we work.

Zombie Apocalypse will feature:

* ZiP (Zombie in Picture) technology
    * Sling-load executions
    * Undead Helicopters (dont be flyin' thems in the day!)
    * A brand-spanking-new 50mx50m Terrain
    * A free beta version of Arma 4 (note: requires always-on connection)

See more at http://takeonthegame.com/zombies/

"April Fools! We're all very sorry, Take on Zombies won't be making it to retail just yet! However, 'Take on Helicopters' will, and that's something we're certainly not sorry about!"

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Awww, was realy looking forward to chopping up zombies with my main blades :P

Comment

We tried main rotor chopping... It's pretty hard lol

Comment

the best part about the game, is taking community content, repackaging it, and selling it back. Obviously we have to spend some time breaking things and introducing bugs to keep us busy over the following days and years, but it's a small sacrifice. And you can bet we'll be honking on some phat cubans while we work.
          I laughed so hard!
          sigpic
          Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

I was humored by the Pre-DLC offer. Should be interesting to see them branch away from the Infantry Simulator line they have been in for the last 10ish years and try something new.
            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

glad You like the joke :)
              Ideas are like ocean w/o borders !

Comment

/drool

I want it now! :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

wait is the first one also a joke? or are they actually making a helicopter game

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                  So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                    wait is the first one also a joke? or are they actually making a helicopter game
                    No it was a joke :)
                    sigpic
                    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

The first one isn't a joke, it's an actual game which they will release. The second post was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                        The first one isn't a joke, it's an actual game which they will release. The second post was a joke.
                        whoops, I messed up with pre-DLC and the real game. My bad :)
                        sigpic

Comment

Obvious joke is not so obvious :p

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I keep looking for my update to 1.59 & keep staring at the ad for Take On Helicopters. Does anyone believe the likelyhood of me making the purchase goes down with each time I have to look at this ad? lol perhaps Steam is my last choice for my next game from BIS but it seemed like such a convenient choice at the time. Oh for the day we got the sandbox flight sim & the sandbox ground based sim all one & the same. Might need a second keyboard though for all the controls.

Will keep checking for that update :)
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X