Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ft. Campbell troops playing a very familiar-looking game...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Campbell troops playing a very familiar-looking game...

Saw this in the paper while getting a drink at a gas station a few days ago...

Take a close look at the game the training simulation is apparently based upon.

Re: Ft. Campbell troops playing a very familiar-looking game...

It's VBS2. BI's / BIA's "other" thing, its pretty much a "serious" version of ArmA1/2.

Comment

I know what it is, rather I was sharing a newspaper article of servicemembers actually utilizing the simulation.

Comment

It is the ArmA Engine, but ArmA is based off VBS i think with out all the functions they have on VBS.
        ArmA = Turned down VBS

Comment

The VBS2 system is pretty much arma. I have played both and there is only very minor differences Good find though. Know where we can get the full article?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps...=2011103310317

There is video of the interview as well. Thanks for sharing Gill.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thanks Gill not everyone is aware of Armas' history.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                I know what it is, rather I was sharing a newspaper article of servicemembers actually utilizing the simulation.
                Ah, my mistake I thought you were generally wondering what it was.

Its always interesting to see photos / videos of it in use, purely to see the differences between it and ArmA. It has quite a few things that I really hope BI/BIA (back)port to ArmA2 (dynamic view distance being one of them).

Comment

Light copies of VBS2 such as "JCOVE (VBS2 British Lite)" and "VBS2 USArmy Lite" are available in civilian usable versions.
                  It is closer to ArmA1 than ArmA2 in function for VBS2. The differences are pretty minor in the Lite versions of VBS2 that are available for free.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                    Light copies of VBS2 such as "JCOVE (VBS2 British Lite)" and "VBS2 USArmy Lite" are available in civilian usable versions.
                    It is closer to ArmA1 than ArmA2 in function for VBS2. The differences are pretty minor in the Lite versions of VBS2 that are available for free.
                    I thought the US version of VBS2 Lite was not available to the general public?

Comment

I have VBS2 but no one to play it with. You need a USB dongle to play too.

Great game. Brings me back to the original OFP days.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsm View Post
                        Ah, my mistake I thought you were generally wondering what it was.

Its always interesting to see photos / videos of it in use, purely to see the differences between it and ArmA. It has quite a few things that I really hope BI/BIA (back)port to ArmA2 (dynamic view distance being one of them).
                        Of course, I hope I didn't sound offended. I was just clarifying. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X