Official Reminder: ACRE On Bravo Server from 4/4/11 | New Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Reminder: ACRE On Bravo Server from 4/4/11 | New Rules

Just a reminder folks that as of Midnight EDT in order to play on Bravo Server you will need the Advanced Combat Radio Environment (ACRE) Mod. If you plan to play on the server you are expected to be in the Bravo Server channel on TeamSpeak at the same time. If you do not have a microphone you are still required to download and install both ACRE and the new version of TS which comes packaged with it.

There are some common sense rules which come with this change.
    -Firstly the use of chat to bypass the radio system is absolutely NOT allowed. The only users who are allowed to use the chat during a mission are those users without a working microphone (Please limit your slot selection to a non-leadership position if possible, and use direct chat only). Repeated infractions will result in a warning, and then possibly a kick from the server.

-Secondly if a mission is in progress and you are joining after the mission has started do not perform a mic check until you have spawned in. ACRE initializes once your unit has been spawned in on the map, talking before this will allow everyone in the channel to hear you. This is mainly just common courtesy to those currently in-game. Repeated infractions will result in a warning and possibly a kick from the server.

-Lastly during TVT missions both sides are expected to move to different channels to do their briefing (both BLUFOR and OPFOR briefing channels have been provided), then both sides will move back to the main channel before mission start.

Helpful Links

ACRE Download
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...load-link.html

ACRE General Information
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...fo-glance.html

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: Official Reminder: ACRE On Bravo Server from 4/4/11 | New Rules

Very well worded ACOG. It spells out exactly what is expected of everyone depending on their desired level of ACRE use while maintaining TG gaming requirements. Just excellent. Hope you move it to the SOP sub-forum at some point for future reference.

Comment

I dunno if this is the right place to ask this, but its ACRE related and I guess rule related at the same time.

Does caps still need to be unbound from the VON PTT key before ACRE can be used (properly) and if so are people going to be reminded of that? I have had some horrible experiences from people using ACRE and not unbinding their caps key.

Comment

Yes, "CAPS LOCK" key needs to be unbound from the in-games' PTT (push to talk) key by default.

In other words, either delete the preassigned in-game PTT key; or assign another key for your VON/VOIP key.

I've had problems too after being away from the mod for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Quick question, Why cant we be in the same channels when playing TVT games. With Acre, you can kill a player, pick up thier radio and listen in to there comms...just as you would in real life.
          This give the other team a reason to keep on thier toes even more when entering a battlefield so that the other team dont steal thier radios.

Comment

Hawke: You only move channels while doing the team briefings. After Both sides are ready, you move back into one channel before starting up.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Just wanted to touch on what Hawke mentioned.

Radios are fair game. As is tapping into the other teams net, to listen in and subvert. I just want everyone to know that. I personally will make every effort to recover enemy radios and find the freqs being used to do what I can to intercept or mislead the enemy at every turn. If you dont want it to happen to you, I suggest you pick good freqs and have plans in place for when you lose a radio.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Taking radios from enemies could lead to some interesting gameplay / tactics in PvP games. I haven't actually played any PvP games with ACRE running but I get the feeling that it could be pretty fun.

Comment

Wow, that sounds cool. Also, if you know they'd enemy has captured your radio and is listening in, you start intentionally giving misinformation on the old channel... It's bletchley park all over again :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Finally a reason to use codewords! (I call Rubberduck)
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Something cool discovered today is that the air controll tower allows you to hear all radio trafic, atleast on Domi
                      Spartan 10

Comment

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post
                        Finally a reason to use codewords! (I call Rubberduck)
                        Another new TGU course for ACOG to run http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq61-4.htm

Comment

Does ACRE still suffer from a lack of reliable long range communication when obstructed by hills or other natural terrain by failing to simulate SATCOM, HF, or by lack of a VHF relay bird? I had heard the new version introduced HF for the 117F, but haven't really been able to nail down a firm answer.

Comment

It has HF radios now, and as I understand it SATCOM radios are in the works but no eta.

Comment

Here's a graphic representation of terrain blockage. The values in the picture are a little outdated so I'm told by Jaynus. The transmitter is at Msta, look for the red dot in the enlarged image.

To answer your question mat, yes/no. There are radio repeaters which can be scripted into the missions. Range on the radios have been tweaked to equal their real life counterparts. Satcom is not currently in, but it will be implemented in future releases.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X