My tipsy day of Domi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tipsy day of Domi

So there we were on Bravo last night playing some Domi. A few of us took turns bothering Acog after mistakenly applying the TS3 update and then were testing the fix.

First up we had orders to assasinate an enemy officer responsible for bad stuff to the local population. As soon as Siantis had gotten us to our LZ up pops an enemy convoy and rattles our flying cage with some heavy caliber rounds...down we go but we'll be ok if we can keep the vehicles away from our transport. The problem is we have enough AT for the objective and our arty operator's life was saved by his radio but now it doesn't work so well. We get separated from the chopper in time for an enemy APC to come barreling around the corner just up the road west from Nagara. I grab my radio & toss it on my back to grab the Maaws...fingers trembling I fumble to set the range for 100,400, 500 nope...back down to 200 there it is...clear back blast and fire. 1 down.

Now we were a small group, Warrior had just joined up with our 2 man team to make us 3. I'm not sure how the other 2 vehicles got taken out because it's a blur of action in my memory but soon we were headed to the objective trying to figure out how we'd take on the armour we saw on the way in. I gave Warrior my radio and he charged in ahead like it was no big deal 3 against 20 infantry & a Shilka, T34, and another APC. Siantis & I didn't share the optimisim I regret to report. Turns out our cowardice will shame us for ever because it wasn't long and we could hear our buddy Warrior over the radio calling for support, begging for it, ordering us to help. We shared the last of my bottle of Irish courage & rushed to see if we could make em shoot at us instead. But we were too late. Those moments will haunt me forever. If I'd only drank the whiskey by myself instead of wasting time sharing it with Siantis!

Then the it got tricky. The last arty strike Warrior had called in had flipped the APC. A well shot AT4 put the Shilka out of commission but that T34 was hunting us down. Retreat back to the road south & we played hid & seek around a large rock. I kept running around shooting at the tank trying to keep their attention while Siantis got his satchel down. Boom.....2 kills in one. The tank & me. Turns out when your buddy is planting a satchel is not the best time to go see if there is an opening in the front of the tank which will allow you to put a few rounds inside. Uh-ungh!

Well luckily the Irish courage had relaxed my muscles and the explosion only seemed to knock me out & break very little bones. He revived me & off we went to satchel that blasted enemy officer. He had as much luck with that too...couldn't kill him with the satchel. So we did the only thing a self respecting couple of riflemen can do...we passed a motion to actually shoot him.

Well, I'm about to be redeployed so I'll have to cut of short friends...the short is we did two more missions that day. We had Lowspeed lead a second fireteam & inserted to a new AO to steal an enemy flag. Went very smoothly except we lost one man. Chiefboats got left behind on a hill cuz I was still drunk and mowed down by an AA tank. But we got the flag & RTB to pick up our A10.

Next mission was to steal an enemy plane from the airfield north of Rasman. We took heavy fire on first approach & Warrior was now back as a dedicated Helicopter pilot. I don't know how but he got us down in a hail of hot lead & got himself back to base. Everyone except Lorelei & one other got blown to bits. We repawned at base & caught up with them again at a new RV point in the compound NE at the airfield. Warrior took so much fire that he didn't have time to drop our ammo. Then I realized my mistake. Lowspeed was to provide CAS from the A10 but I forgot to delegate the SOFLAM to my team. You know what I blame. I was out of whiskey. Lowspeed I'm sure was frustrated but he still managed to rip the heck out of targets around the AO. We had another T34 chasing us down in the compoud and had expended all of our AT on that dazzling driver. It looked dire. It was coming through the walls at us. My arty strike took out the back wall & now we were exposed on two sides. I almost considered resigning... permanently... & I could feel the disappointment of my team. When that beautiful sound cut the air...it was Warrior back to bring us ammo & our way out. Well...TMan dispatched the enemy MI-8, we got a Maaws on the T34, Warrior charge accross the field in true form & got the Frogfoot in the air with infantry still at the hangers! RTB and all was good.

But then the whiskey sleep was calling. Was hammering my eyelids closed. What a team. Great work by all. Cheers!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: My tipsy day of Domi

They don't call me Warrior for nothin'! Haha.

Had a great time playing with ya man. I was to busy being mowed down to shoot y'all for your cowardice, but no hard feelings.
    |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
    Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
    We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
    And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
    He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Lol. We were basically checking our maps and seeing what the terrain was like, and next thing we knew you were gone!

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

There was a lot of cool things that happened on those missions but work called me back just as I got started writing that bit. I'm glad you had fun too Warrior...promise to be there next time! Quit drinking that Ace Bushmills too.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Nice read! And that night was another of those weird ones. I'm beginning to think they are the new norm around here. lol

Comment

Great AAR Unkl.
            Had a blast strafing the sand out of the armour heading towards the ground team from their north-west. As well as taking out the AAA in the AO for our Dustoff.
            Although I was wondering why the JTAC wasn't responding to my request. But more than that I was glad that there weren't any blue on blue.

Bushmills are fine single malts.

Looking forward to more tactical games with all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

JTAC wasn't responding because I didn't know you weren't on the same channel as Juliet 1/Jacezz in the Mortar. :(

Edit: Wait, was that the same night of Domi? Lol. It's starting to blend together.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                JTAC wasn't responding because I didn't know you weren't on the same channel as Juliet 1/Jacezz in the Mortar. :(

Edit: Wait, was that the same night of Domi? Lol. It's starting to blend together.
                Different night

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X