Acre 1.2.9 update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acre 1.2.9 update?

I noticed that the server is running v1.2.9 & almost all of us were still running 1.2.7 the last couple of days. My ts was crashing every half hour or so last night & I'm assuming this had something to do with it since I haven't had this problem before.

Is there a new all in 1 updater or another way to get the 1.2.9?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Acre 1.2.9 update?

Now whether or not you SHOULD update is a question best answered by someone else. I updated yesterday, but never got in game to test out.

removed link, we don't want people updating right now - ACOG
    Last edited by ACOGRecon; 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Do. Not. Update. We have yet to come to a decision on the admin team. Stick with 1.2.7 for now.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just to note on what Unkl said.....Really had not had an issue until last night when I crashed twice, but I have been having issues with transmissions and such with the ability to here people but them not hearing me on occasions when we were in range of one another with the 119 on high power.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Same, LOTS of disconnects last night, and really struggled to stay connected longer that 10 seconds for large periods. A few crashes as well. However it was stable before last night. Still running 1.2.7

Comment

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF DREDGE SEND IN YOUR CRASH REPORTS (and TS dump files) TO THE ACRE TEAM!

walter.pearce (at) idi-systems.com
            Last edited by ACOGRecon; 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM. Reason: fixed email for 500% less spam

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I've been having very little in regards to problems myself, only real issue is ACRE desyncs momentarily with TS when arma lags a fair bit - which Is understandable and fair enough, also entirely due to my ageing and slowly dying computer.

I'm running 1.2.9 however, updated to play UO side

Comment

Yea i'm on 1.29 also now.

My only issue:
                Before with 1.27 I could just fire up ARMA and play.
                Now, I need to close my Steam client (autoloads on PC startup), and relaunch it in Admin mode before loading up ARMA. Otherwise I won't link.
                Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

TS crashed 3 times for me last night. How do I send those crash files for you guys to use?

Comment

Also please remember that a great deal of these problems are not ACRE or its code, but that they are related to the Release Candidate version of TS which is being used. Expect more of these crash bugs to be fixed as we get closer to the official release.

Comment

Speaking of this, every time i log onto TS now i get asked if I want to update. This has been this way for the last week and I have not done so, just to avoid conflicts, would this help the crashing of TS?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The following ACRE versions are all Cross Compatible

1.2.6.x
                        1.2.7.x
                        1.2.8.x
                        1.2.9.x

It is not advised to update TS3 from other than one of the version matched supported versions.
                        TS3's update schedule may not fall into line with ACRE version compatibility.
                        Subsequent reinstall of ACRE would typically be required, along with TS3 to resolve these issues.

As always, it is best to remove all of the ACRE & TS3 BETA content when you are experiencing problems and then force a clean install.
                        This does not mean uninstall your normal TS3. Just the Beta folder on your desktop.
                        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

That pretty much cleared up my problems .

Comment

So that being stated, is it okay to update ACRE or not. I still get an error message about ACRE when I load up and I am running 1.2.7 and I am still crashing. I can handle the crashing, but when I reboot TS for some reason when I click the left mouse key to start the software it's an automatic misfire in ARMA. Which has happened for me on numerous occasions and I know it ruins the game for more than just me when that happens.

Comment

I went ahead and updated to 1.29 I was sick of the crashing, 1.29 seems to have solved the crashing anyway, would really advise updating.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X