Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Spectrum Warrior - Found it interesting

Free download link - http://www.gamershell.com/download_33784.shtml

Basically it was released on Xbox a few years back, it puts you in the position of commanding two fireteams within a mechanised company in a MOUT environment vs a bunch of insurgents. It is a great example for people as to how you should act in a fireteam.

If you give it a go, you'll notice each member of the team covering sectors correctly, how fireteams work together to put suppressive fire on targets whilst the other moves to flank and eliminate hostiles and how to properly strongpoint a corner - although I disagree with the team lead often taking the corners on point and he himself strongpointing with the AR I have to say I was pretty impressed overall.

Major complaints though, your team members can't shoot to save their lives at anything in even slight cover, that guy hiding behind a car door - yup, can't hit his exposed leg or the tip of his head, need to waste an m203 to eliminate that target unless you can maneuver your other team closer to either toss a frag or flank.

Good news is same thing goes for hostiles on all difficulties but authentic - on authentic it just gets depressingly difficult, as the slightest mistake will get one of your guys shot and I actually failed a mission because I sent a fireteam into completely unknown ground (Not really, I had got slightly further and my gpu started coughing its last breath, so restarted and tried to skip ahead). Basically it told me I didn't use cover properly and sent my team to their deaths because of it. It's that evil.

Final grumbles, quite often the individual team members, when in the open and in wedge will stay far too close to each other , should be 5 meter spacing at least - one grenade would kill em easy, however as far as I can see OPFOR don't ever seem to exploit that fact. You are basically expecting your fire team leads to pull through and not order something stupid however.

Lastly, your guys are pretty horrible at spotting contacts whilst moving and the 'oh crap!' button - space, ordering your team to just hit the deck or take cover cause they about to get perforated does very little to stop your guys dieing mid move from cover to cover on authentic difficulty. Greater spacing imo would have easily let me spot entrenched hostiles ahead of making that mistake.

A very interesting game however overall for anyone looking to learn a bit more regarding fireteam procedure or how MOUT can go down (Like Arma, very few of the buildings are enterable save for one or two warehouses).

There's a cheat code that supposedly lets you play the version of the game developed for the US military to train fire team leads also, not sure what it is however or wether it works with the pc version.

Re: Full Spectrum Warrior - Found it interesting

I remember playing this game many moons ago, when it was first release. Despite some of its quirks, it was fairly interesting and difficult. Making it to the last level was no walk in the park. It does teach some effective bounding strategies. I say its worth the download.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
      There's a cheat code that supposedly lets you play the version of the game developed for the US military to train fire team leads also, not sure what it is however or wether it works with the pc version.
      Go to Extras then to Cheats Input and put in the code: HA2P1PY9TUR5TLE civilians are more aggressive to the US soldiers. More aggressive terrorists

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I never played the first one but I enjoyed the sequel, it had huge co-op opportunity but I could never get the thing to work right

Comment

wow, free, cool. I rented this yonks ago on ps2. was pretty good fun. Thanks for the heads up, jacezz

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Yes I was all over this game when it was released. It starts to feel like a puzzle game after a while since it's more about positioning and flanking than accuracy.

Comment

This is the only Xbox title I ever played through to its conclusion -- twice. When it was released (2005?) there was nothing like it on the market; its gameplay is much more methodical and tactical than titles like MOH. But the PC version had lots of glitches, and the game was undone by having only COOP play on Xbox Live and completely scripted missions. Too bad. It was really absorbing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X