Mission Toughness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Toughness

I am just asking a couple of things just to gage peoples thoughts.

I have noticed that the difficulty on the server seems to be, well, easy. I am refereing to the ability to see where people and enimies are at at all times. I understand the difficulty of new people orientating themselves in game, but lets try and make a conscience effort to raise the difficulty level when selecting missions :)

We do have the ST hud for a reason, and I hate seeing red dots of my enemies :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Mission Toughness

Agreed. I always put it on veteran or higher. Easy makes the AI dumber than a box of Acogs :p

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I will have to stick up for the AI on that one Dredge, not true.

Comment

Being on the newer player side , I do like to have it on regular , as I do not seem to be able to find people that are further away than the sthud picks up. But for the red dots, I thought you can acutally disable that , in the arma settings? I might be wrong though. As for the AI , I agree with chief, I haven't really seen any difference in them :P
        - - -

Comment

We're running AI mods ATM, so I think that may be messing with the typical difficulties, not 110% sure however

Comment

I dont mind the AI being harder, but the fact they can see and shoot through bushes and what not on Lingor drives me nuts. I do like being able to see where I am on the map and having the waypoint, yeah it's not as hardcore but sometimes it provides better gameplay especially when the team isnt that organized.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

One thing I think should be considered - AI will typically engage, flank and eliminate players on vet and higher difficulty, however lower they will more likely run from combat if they are getting their pixelated rears handed to them.

Case in point - running through the "Beach" landing the other night, most of the 150-200 hostiles in town ran north when we started putting pressure on them. Made the mission pretty easy imo. Allbeit more realistic, sure.

Comment

I like when AI is on a higher difficulty, but the other day I had a tank come driving down the road, turn, and then blast me through foliage and trees. How he even knew I was there I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                  I dont mind the AI being harder, but the fact they can see and shoot through bushes and what not on Lingor drives me nuts.
                  Or when someone with an AK74s shoots at you from 600m and hits you on the second shot...if there was a perfect medium between the easier and harder settings that would be ideal. So that the bots still had intelligence like they do on vet/expert but the accuracy of the easier ones. Because lets face it, if we are fighting insurgents on a mission they shouldnt be as accurate as fully trained marines,SAS or any other conventional force.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X