Hello! Just a quick question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Just a quick question.

Hello all! I just registered on here to play on your ArmA 2 OA server. I thought I had all the addons, I have the TG map pack, ACE and all the ACEX extras (us navy, etc) updated from Yoma UGAF REPO server, which i'm pretty sure is the latest one. But when I try to use the TG Yoma server, it says I need about 2 gigs of files? I also have acre and TS3. I logged into TS3 in preparation for playing and could hear everyone fine, but when I got into the mission, I got many ACE client version mismatch errors.

Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance, look forward to playing on your servers!

EDIT: Also, is having a mic a requirement here? Mine is not working at the moment, but I can hear everyone on TeamSpeak fine.

Re: Hello! Just a quick question.

Sounds like you have Yoma set up correctly but you did not download the addons?

There should be an option in the Addon tab on Yoma to check for updates and then to download addons. you need the addons downloaded to your machine.

I would recommend that you launch ArmA using a launcher program to make it easy to launch with addons.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...rted#Launchers

Actually, that Quick Start guide was everything I needed to get set up to play on TG's Bravo server.

Comment

TG has its own mod set, which needs to be downloaded from yoma, TG doesnt always run the most up to date version of ace.

Your best bet to play on TG is to just use the ace version from yoma.

Having a mic isnt a requirement if you want to play as just a basic grunt, anything like FTL pilots or commanding needs a mic.

Also check this out http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...d-assault.html

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Oh, alright. Thanks for the response.

Are there plans to update the ACE version the server uses in the future? I'd really rather not have more than one version on my PC, it can get confusing.

Comment

TG will update ace every Friday (think its still Friday) but until then the servers will still be running the older versions

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

Okay, thanks again. I think i'll wait until Friday then.

EDIT: On second thought, I have nothing better to do, I can just re-download the latest ACE files if I need them.

Sorry, one more question. Will I still be able to join other servers running the TG version of ACE, or are there too many custom addons included, such as the ShackTac hud, etc?

Thanks again fro the help.

Comment

Sorry I'm not terribly familiar with this, but I think that the shack hud will have no effect on things, as it's client side only.
              As for other mods. I would think the only roadblock is when different servers you want to play on use different versions of the same mod, such as is the case above where tg uses an older version if ace (and probably acre, too).

Having said that, once you've played on the tg server a couple of times, you'll never feel the desire to go back to any other server ;)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

tg isnt running any server side mods other than ace and tgmaps, which shouldnt affect any other server.

Comment

Great, thanks again!

Comment

Ace will kill another sever that isn't also running it, you need to remove it from your modline / disable it before joining a server that isn't running it.

having TGmaps running as far as I know won't make a difference as it currently only contains Eden(Everon), Lingor, Sthud and Stmovement

Comment

Is Shak Tak Hud something I need to install in addition to everything else? Or is it automatic?

Comment

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936

Get it there & install yourself as it is not included on the TG yoma. Make sure you have @cba before @sthud in your mod line.

Hey pick up stmovement at the same time:
                        http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12539
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Aw, when I read stmovement, I thought maybe it was an auto walk button. Anyone know if there's a mod for that sort of thing?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone, just got it working, although I had to juggle a few versions of TS3 and ACRE to get it right.

Logged into domi, and it was empty all morning, but when people started logging in they were very nice. You will definately see me back!

Comment

You can hit your left shift key and it will allow yourself to walk and pressing it again will quicken your pace. Also double tapping your "w" key will allow yourself to run.

Sometimes I have to double tap the shift to go from run to walk. I would suggest working with it to get what would work for you. I sometimes think my keyboard and the game are not insync.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X