One Complaint!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Complaint!!!!

We need to play missions with more positions available. It is getting harder and harder to get on because we are choosing missions with only 1 or 2 positions available.

Right now there are 20 people in the server on a 20 position mission and you have 8 people in the waiting room.

Just FYI.
    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Re: One Complaint!!!!

I feel your pain bud but full servers is something we here in TG Arma have to get accustomed to again, it has been awhile since we have had the pleasure of that situation. They will try to work out the kinks. We don't kick for supporting members like some servers

Comment

No I don't expect to kick SM, that would not be fair with the populace for Arma. I believe we have to choose missions that are JIP and allow for expansion of the player base. It just seems as though we are selecting missions with 2 extra slots when we should be selecting missions with 8 extras at least.
      sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Trouble is, missions that have the extra slots are harder. If its a CO20 vs a CO15 the 8 guys we have on will have an easier time handling the CO15 versus the 20. But, I see what you are getting at, and as Chief said it has been awhile since we have had servers bursting at the seems.

In the future, now that we have such a large and active player base, larger missions will become the norm with plenty of room for all.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I will have a slew of missions for 15+ people with 25+ slots ready over the coming week (With shiny assets!), will name them specifically so that at a glance, you know it's part of the seeder / joining people extra slot thing series.

Basing them on ideas gleamed from several missions I've played on CMSF, should be fun!

Plus - I say it now, Mission making competition - Storming Osama's compound - go!

Comment

I've got a mission coming up in the works that's Co25, but I might bump it up with at least another two fireteams.

Comment

Yeah twice today I had to wait for a spot to get in. Can you just change the missions and throw in a few extra rifleman and annotate it in the description?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I hear the good points from both Brettwad & Dredge. That is exactly the problem when choosing missions at the moment. Pick a co40 when you have 18 players? You might find the server with only 11 players after first a crazy too difficult contact. If you pick a mission with too few slots then we have people waiting to play as long as they have available time to play = no play == not what we are trying for. I honestly don't know how to judge when people will be joining...I've seen Sat nights be slow & then, like today (Mon early afternoon) get packed. Sometimes it's just a suprise when so many join.

If the server is full...wait out the current mission...can take an hour or so but most of the time it's less...then next one should be chosen to allow for everyone in TS channel & the waiting room & an estimation of JIP players if the mission allows.

JIP is a bit of a cheesy icing on a gameplay cake though, but I'll get off my rickety soapbox because it is so good for including everyone & getting more players in for the next round!
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Yeah, I feel like the missions jacezz is talking about is the way to go... Missions designed to be optimal at say 16 players should have room for maybe 28 or even more. If lots of people do join, sure it'll become easier, but that's better than a mission that's too hard or having people wait an hour to get in.
                  Plus, it will mean the mission is over faster, and we can get back to optimal size again sooner.
                  PLUS, it'll mean the co has a wider variety of assets at his disposal if he has 28 slots to fill with like 12 players, so it'll keep the mission fresh for longer on repeated plays.

I guess the downside is that the mission might require more thorough play testing for balance. I don't really know, having never attempted to make one.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Mission makers had to adhere to the average players online per session. Now that we have a larger player base, it is only a matter of time before seeing missions with more player slots.

I'm certain that the mission making team are working on it, and so am I.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      Trouble is, missions that have the extra slots are harder. If its a CO20 vs a CO15 the 8 guys we have on will have an easier time handling the CO15 versus the 20. But, I see what you are getting at, and as Chief said it has been awhile since we have had servers bursting at the seems.

In the future, now that we have such a large and active player base, larger missions will become the norm with plenty of room for all.
                      Who cares about EASY? If you want easy, take up knitting. Bring on the hardcore challenge!
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                        Who cares about EASY? If you want easy, take up knitting. Bring on the hardcore challenge!
                        Have you played any of my missions?

Heh

*runs away*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                          Have you played any of my missions?

Heh

*runs away*
                          Did it take less than 3 months for a team to successfully complete it? If not, you can play White Tiger first. :)
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

No, but they generally end up with Dredge in the corner of a room rocking back and forth crying "Make it stop!" over and over again.

:)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                              No, but they generally end up with Dredge in the corner of a room rocking back and forth crying "Make it stop!" over and over again.

:)
                              Your name's slowly becoming the new Tora Bora I take it? ;p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X