No announcement yet.

Content Poll (All Players Please Vote)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Poll (All Players Please Vote)

Now that the TG/UO event has passed, we are left with a few extra "odds and ends" in our mod pack. These are:

Woodland BDU Units

Island Everon (EDEN not EVERON2010)

ShackTac Hud & ShacTac Movement

Disabled Smoke Launchers (TVT/PVP Client Crash Prevention)

The question presented to you, the players, by the admin team is this; Which of these, if any, would you want to keep? It is completely up to you. If you dont want any, let us know. If you want to keep them all, just let us know. One but not the other? Fine. Please, please just let us know. You can vote on more than one item also. So if there are two things you want but not the others, that is an option.

This poll will remain open for one week. As always, please post any feedback or opinions here. Nothing will be locked, and nothing will be deleted. This is an open discussion between you the players and the admin staff.
    Keep everything
    23.68%
    Get rid of everything
    7.89%
    Woodland BDU Units
    13.16%
    Island Everon (EDEN not EVERON2010)
    7.89%
    ShackTac Hud & ShacTac Movement
    27.63%
    Disabled Smoke Launchers (TVT/PVP Client Crash Prevention)
    19.74%

The poll is expired.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Content Poll (All Players Please Vote)

I would keep the ST movement and HUD, and the disabled smoke launchers. POTENTIALLY the island, but not the units. I think what needs to be decided is the direction the pack will be going, and adjust the content accordingly, but I think a clean pack would be a good idea. Maps are the biggest force multiplier here, the more high quality maps, the better the content can be. However, then you have the issue with large downloads.......

Comment

woodland BDU is the old USArmy camo that's kinda like the British 95 DPM pattern? if it is then my opinion would be to remove it and use ACU instead

an extra island if deemed good enough for missions by the guys that make them should stay.

I still don't know what differences shackTac HUD/movement makes to the game, but can't they be downloaded by the client anyway and run without conflicts?

smoke launchers as in from vehicles? does that only remove them from TvT missions or also coop? if it's just from TvT then fine leave as it is, otherwise i'd like the feature for coop
      AnimalMother
      Ex TG-31st LR
      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Smoke Launchers from vehicles, yes. There is a bug in the game which during multiplayer when a player shoots smoke from a vehicle, the game sometimes renders every person has having shot a smoke grenade which causes the server to crash. (feel free to correct me on this Impulse.)

Shacktac Hud adds a small hud which shows the location of players in your squad within 25 meters. Is clientside.

Shacktac Movement reduces collision between players and objects. Is clientside.

Woodland BDU can be used for missions which depict 1980s and 1990's missions (of which there are over 20 missions on the server which would benefit from this). I will change all of my Vietnam missions to use these units if the vote passes to keep it. It is nice to have units which do not have contemporary gear and radios on them for immersions sake. There are currently missions on the server using these units.

Everon is 50/50. It's a good island, overused in the past, but will be required if we do another event with UO (like the disabled smoke launchers).

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, the ST stuff can be downloaded individually, in fact that's what I had done, and I now have two copies. However, it really does make a difference, particularly when you are moving and want to retain spacing etc without speaking on VON so enemies in TvT can't hear you, or when assaulting a building. It is easier to just include it be default in the pack so everyone has it, and everyone can benefit.

Comment

Shacktac mods - Yes, they should be part of the game as far as I am concerned ;p amazing help for new guys on the HUD side also, with the movement mod fixing lots of issues regarding cqb / room clearance, must haves IMO.

Woodland BDU - I could come or go on that one, I'm not too fussed.

Everon - I don't personally plan to use the map myself, however I believe part of it is the maps eu editor addons that allow you to place a lot of buildings and such in the editor and get them working ingame where it would be extremely difficult / impossible to otherwise, if we could keep that but ditch the island I'd be happy.

Smokes - never noticed a crash with these personally, but if it is a problem I suppose we'd be better off not having them, shame though, smoke does have it's uses, especially on a troop carrying APC....

Comment

I voted everything because for me the more the better lol, but I am still in the d/l every mod I like the look of play with it in the editor phase. I wish we had things like McTiers Tier One Operators skins etc just because I love the variety, get tired of vanilla units after a while.

ST's stuff is a must for me, luckily it is clientside as I won't play without STMovement, basically fixes a major problem in smoothness for CQB, building collision mesh, so much so that Arma with it is my favourite FPS representation of CQB now, over any 'console leap round corners floating gun games'.

Comment

thanks guys for posting what stuff is, turns out i was using shacTack etc without knowing it.

voted to keep everything
                AnimalMother
                Ex TG-31st LR
                "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I HATE the downloads but I voted keep everything.

|

Comment

My only concern with keeping everything is the size involved. If we keep stuff that is not "essential" it has two effects:

It prevents new players from inside and outside of TG from downloading it due to the size, so it makes growing the player base difficult.

It stops us getting good addons and maps because the admins will be battling to keep the size down to a "sweet spot" where the aforementioned problem is a non-issue, meaning these non-essentials can actually prevent us from getting some nice stuff.

Comment

For transparency sake, here are the sizes of each file.

Woodland BDU - 19.5MB

Disabled Smoke Launchers - 2KB

ST Hud - 27KB

ST Movement - 6KB

Island Everon - 96.2MB

Total of all items: 115MB

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Im not going to vote at this time, but will vote by the end of the poll. I am with Jeepo on this one. I am all in favor of things that make the missions more life like, but a bunch of small things will eventually end up being large. I am in favor of only adding Islands at this point in time. I feel that Everon is a nice island but would also like to add maybe Thursk or Falujia. Islands first, then the things that the mission makers need.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Hey folks, just another reminder. Anyone who has downloaded TGMaps already has these things downloaded. The poll is asking what if anything do we want to remove, if anything. This was a unique case where we needed to add a few things to the mod pack to make an event work, this is not setting a precedent whereas the admin team will keep adding things.

Comment

Man, I'm torn on this. I agree with wicks that the more the better, and I personally don't mind downloading the stuff myself. I feel since islands are by far the biggest portion, we need to pick like one island or something and focus the mission builders (i intend to try my cack hand at that some time) on that one map for a couple of months our whatever time frame, then maybe after a while switch to another map.

Fallujah and stuff might be good, but are they so good that we need them AND Everon AND Takistan, etc all at the same time? Probably not. We could keep the stock maps plus like one map of the moment that rotates. The regulars will have to download it each time we change that one map, but at least new prospective players will never have more than one map at a time if they're attempting to join bravo for the first time.

So, I guess I'm a bit confused... Are Lingor and Everon both custom maps and included (along with others?) In TGmaps? If so, I'm recommending we pick one of them (Lingor?) as the "current" custom map.

As for uniforms and other things, it all sounds good to me.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I just want to reiterate that this "Mod Pack" has already been downloaded by 99% of the player base. We needed the mods for an event and are going through the process of removing what isn't wanted by you the players. Nothing will be added after. We are not adding new mods as they come out and we are not adding new maps unless voted on by you and the mission makers. This is simply a question of wether or not you want to keep the stuff we already have. This vote will impact mission makers who are waiting to use the units and islands. Most have held off because they didn't know if we were keeping any of it.

That is the whole shebang. Keep what we already have, or get rid of some or all of it. We the admin team will not tweak our current modset. Nothing will be added.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X