Just something to note during planning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just something to note during planning

This is not ARMA barbie, taking 30mins to accessorize and load out is a bit ridiculous. Just think of it as taking away from people's play time.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Re: Just something to note during planning

I think the real issue was that the SLs and CO were still planning the mission due to the skipped briefing screen when the admin switchover went haywire.

But I agree. I'm guilty myself, i'll take as much time as i'm given getting a couple extra nades, smoke, patches, checking weight, dropping extra Compress bandages (because who except the medic ever uses more than 1?) that sorta thing.
    I'm sure it will wear off.
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Im not just talking about tonight, it's a reoccurring thing. It may just be because there are a lot of new people learning the layout.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Then that is also up to the SL and FTLs.....for instance tonight there were five to seven NDs at base and people generally ass hating around....kinda takes a toll when plans have to stop for the ruckess to die down. It takes us all to help each other out instead of taking the most bad ass gun and only worrying about yourself.....if someone in the squad has AT, then step up and say, "I'll get you an extra rocket and stay close to you". But you do bring up great points.

I try and give time limits on things, but it is something that I will personally work on betternin the future.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Should take you 5 mins to load out a squad, depending on what's available, and Is a necessary evil depending on what your unit starts out with.

Unfortunately gearing up quick is simply just a skill you have to get better at with time and with learning what you need to carry based on your abilities and current role :/

Really though, even an m16 with ironsights is a perfectly good weapon, just need to use it correctly

Comment

I personally love getting my gear set up, you would never just stroll out on a mission in RL without a gear check. Plus arranging your load out allows tactical flexibility.......and its fun for Pete's sake.

Here's an idea, get some control. Take your guys to the crates and tell them what you want if you are SL or FTL. Then set a limit on how long they can spend choosing which pistol or hat they are going to wear, like 2 minutes, then herd the cats into the transport. It's not hard.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
              I personally love getting my gear set up, you would never just stroll out on a mission in RL without a gear check. Plus arranging your load out allows tactical flexibility.......and its fun for Pete's sake.

Here's an idea, get some control. Take your guys to the crates and tell them what you want if you are SL or FTL. Then set a limit on how long they can spend choosing which pistol or hat they are going to wear, like 2 minutes, then herd the cats into the transport. It's not hard.

Agreed.
              Not to put more pressure on the leadership (and we all need to develop our own leadership skills more) But the CO should have an idea for kit to load out, then direct to the SLs, SLs can interpret that assignment and direct thier FT leads and troops accordingly to whatever their mission role will be.
              From there, troops need to lend eachother a hand as stated previously above, "Hey man i'm light, i'm going to grab an extra MAAWs HEAT Rocket and a 249 belt, let me know when you want them, hooah?"

We need to keep coaching and reinforcing GOOD HABITS, especially on missions. There is a lot of new blood whose habits are still being formed. Shape them while the steel is hot.
              Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
              A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Don't know how many times as FTL or such I've been waiting for a side conversation to ebb so that we can get organized without me barking over everyone. This I think is where we can speed things up. Keep the chatter down until we are loaded in transport or such. Or if a leader starts talking around you pls hold your conversation for a moment. Leaders are often hearing 2-3 conversations at once & that can add to the time to decipher what is going on. FT's get geared up & go to your leader...don't wait to be told to do so...you will have to wait while the plan is hashed out & if you listen carefully you may overhear it.

New players that are getting used to the ammo box should have help in what & how to get what they need. This means clearing some air for them to ask questions as well. This will speed things up more than almost anything.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Very good points by wicks, third and unkl. I hadn't noticed a problem with the setup time before last night. That was my very first time leading a squad with multiple fire teams, and I know I contributed to the delay. I'll improve over time.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I agree with Unkl. Cut the unnecessary jabber for leaders. There is a reason why at the end briefs it ends with "questions?" to sub leaders.
                    Co should take 1/3 of time briefing his leaders, leaving the rest of time for Squad leaders, Fire team leaders.
                    5mins should be sufficient.

As for people taking up everyone elses time by trying to get the uber gun, this can be remedied by mission makers by only giving them with what they got.
                    Hopefully, we don't have to resort to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 05-05-2011, 12:32 PM.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

All good post above, I would suggest, to help the Commander to do his thing after slot seletion is to pull your team way aside and have them standby while you find out what equipment will be needed for the mission, what your teams part will be and then report this to your group. Then they will know what to get and less confusion and less chatter around the ammo crates. While your away the members of your group can help answer questions from new players and the chatter will not disturb someone else's briefing. It is always good to keep a notepad of somesort handy to mark down other players in your group, radio channel and etc. Just a reminder that your leaders have to plan, mark map, and assign tasks. This does take time. This a simulation and not a FPS that starts when the bell rings.

Comment

It might also help if we could get some mirrors set up near the crates so we can make sure our mascara isn't smeared, our weapons match our belt buckle and our glow stick blends well with our eye color. I don't know about you guys but I'm a winter.

Comment

This is one of my pet peeves, you'll notice in all my missions everyone is already loaded out and the only thing in the ammo box is, surprise!!!! ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                            This is one of my pet peeves, you'll notice in all my missions everyone is already loaded out and the only thing in the ammo box is, surprise!!!! ammo.
                            Which is more realistic, it's nice being able to get that MK17, but in real life you play with what you are issued.

Im going to try to start SLing so maybe I can push the tempo a bit.

Comment

We always run out of ammo on your missions though John, since we don't have backpacks to carry extra smokes, grenades or mags ;p

12 slots for everything you need to survive is just not enough imo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X