X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Post Update

Just came across this in the Reality Forums:

Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force
    This was due to be mentioned in our Latest Newspost next week however, I will clear this up now:

Official Statement

Project Reality over the last few months have been in discussions with BI, and a joint agreement has been made, that gives Project Reality Exclusive rights for the use of the Original BAF Files within its Modification. I have personally signed this agreement with Maruk, and ensured all my Developers who need access to these files have signed a Project Reality Agreement. Therefore we now have the original BAF Files, to allow us to rework the Models, updating as required, and adding further detail to what is already a great DLC.

Project Reality are very proud and greatful for the working relationship they have with BI, and hope that we can ensure to do the game justice in the MP environment in the near future.

This now allows the texture artists greater freedom, and professionalism to enhance the Models even further, and the whole team to concentrate on the gameplay further.

What does it mean to the Community?

1. No change at all, PR: ArmA2 will be a free to download Modification, which will still NOT require BAF to run.

2. The community get a highly detailed British Faction available to use, and will be our base standard for a whole PR British Faction, to include future UOR vehicles.

3. It allows optimised models for our MP - to ensure we keep poor server performance down to a minimum, and ensure smooth online play.

3. The PR Models however will NOT be available to rework in other Community add ons in any way at all, as they will be electronically watermarked (Traceable) and have hidden PR Layers - as per the agreement with BI. (PR EULA, will clearly state this).

As you can see, we are working hard to ensure we have a firm and detailed base for our first release, and by having this agreement in place it ensures we have the perfect start point, for the team and the whole of the MP Online players.

Still WIP, with a fair bit more to add:

BAF Available from Bohemia Interactive

The Project Reality Team

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: PR Post Update

wow nice, Like how BI actually gets involved with its community, doubt you'd ever see this from EA

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
      wow nice, Like how BI actually gets involved with its community, doubt you'd ever see this from EA
      I think it also has to do with the fact that the scale of the ArmA community is a lot smaller, so they are able to focus on individual groups with ease.

Great news though, I can't wait for these high quality British Units.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Damnit, I thought he was waiting. Well, yup, shows too things really.

1) How epic BIS is.

2) How epic PR is, they are literally the ONLY community out there to get this...........watch that space folks......;)

Comment

Outstanding news!

Sent from my C64 using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

hey if your a PR team member check the team section of the forums for an announcement.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I have never played PR, i don't own Battlefield. That doen't mean I am not going to like PRArma.

Comment

maybe, maybe not. What it will mean is that this will be a new experience for you.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                  maybe, maybe not. What it will mean is that this will be a new experience for you.
                  The last time I heard that statement I ended up needing a lot of vaccines ;)

But seriously, PR ArmA is a very unique experience that will have a little something for everyone.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Acog already has a little something

Comment

I pop a couple of pills for my little something, but I'm all good. Really.

Comment

So the short version is, they could not get their own resources working properly so they went to BIS?
                        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Well it does seem silly to create a faction where there already is that faction in the game itself. Just a waste of time creating something that is already in ArmA.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                          Erwin Rommel

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                            So the short version is, they could not get their own resources working properly so they went to BIS?
                            No, not at all. I still have copies of their "old" version. They are excellent quality. There are many reasons for this, NDA preventing me discussing many. However, watch that space, some people, particularly the haters, are going to be very surprised by where this is heading on a number of levels. The fact that PR has come in and achieved so much in so short a time should not be lost on some people. It clearly has not been lost on BIS as you can see above. All the negativity, pretty unbecoming.......

Comment

I've been play BF2:PR for two years now at least. Any group that can keep my attention with their work for so long is saying something in this day and age. I only have high hopes for what they can bring to the table with ArmA. And we can't forget about their own stand alone game PR2. If they had stocks I invest for sure (if I invested at all).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X