Binding ACE hand signals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding ACE hand signals

In the last TvT I attempted to play, I tried to use the hand signals. Thought VERY usefull, I find that every time that I open my interact key, it stops the movement of my player. I was wondering if there is a way that those could be binded to a key combo or something or even a scroll wheel type deal?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Binding ACE hand signals

I implemented a in-house version of handsignals long before ACE handsignals, which utilizes CBA hot keys (userconfig) for binding all the commonly used hand signals.

They are default in the userconfig bound to numpad keys. So you can quicky just press "Shift + numpad_1" etc

Your welcome to use it if you like. There are currently two versions of it, I can get you either one if you like.

1. The one we use at UO, which requires it to be on all clients to see it (better on JIP performance, uses CBA events);
    2. a version that you can strictly use client side, which shows on all clients even if you don't have the mod. (uses setVehicleInit)

Video example:

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

If you throw up a hand signal Jack, most people are just going to go.."WTF is he doing?". A cool little thing that gets very little use. If you are sitting down and using some of them...they are almost obcene looking!

Comment

sweet, since option 1 wouldnt be good since it would only show on my client unless multiple people install it (right?) number 2,

does that mean going into config files or is that something that the mission maker would have to do?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Its just like ACE userconfig files. You'll have:

userconfig\uo\uo_keys.hpp Which defines all the hand signal hotkeys (as defaulted in the video)

Heres a link for you
          http://srv1.unitedoperations.net/@uo_handsignals.zip

No other changes or anything besides installing and running it like any other mod.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
          Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

cool thanks man!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X