Extreme extreme realism event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme extreme realism event?

I'm thinking of running an event before I dissapear (looking like I move out 27th of this month) but kinda fancy doing it 110% realistic - a.k.a. expert difficulty and would expect players to try to emulate to a degree, realistic behaviour - particularly morale. We all play it like a game for the most part, our virtual lives are disposable, an' all... Think it would be extra fun to play it more akin to how you would really react to ingame events if your own life was on the line.

Reason being I've been playing a lot of CMSF of late and one of the most interesting things is how it handles units getting rattled and their morale breaking, causing them to run for it, or just cower behind cover and become unresponsive on radio.

Similarly, we'd play it SLOW and careful. Like the US military say it, Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I'd expect the CO (if not me), squad leads, asset commanders and such to treat the situation as if their own lives, and the lives of their squadmates, crew, XO's and radio operators were all really in jeapardy.

I would happily run everyone willing through a crash course in basic infantry procedure as relative to ARMA before the event to ensure everyone was up to scratch for the challenge.

Note also - enemy numbers would be realistic, currently I tend to see the community favouring regular difficulty on missions were we take on a company sized element with 20 guys, basically an understrength platoon. I would (or someone else could) create a mission which would see us taking on only a relatively larger force, since you wouldn't willingly send a small platoon on its own against a company in real life unless you would like to dig a couple more graves that day. The extra difficulty will make up for the lower number of hostiles in any case, but this would mean less fire would be received from hostiles.

So, my intention in creating this thread is to gauge interest - if we can get 20 or so guys up for it I'll run the event, however if we can't I'll chalk it up as a miss and move on.

Re: Extreme extreme realism event?

Hell yeah I'm down. What ever you need from me let me know

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Down like the econo....

yea I'm in.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I'm in, sad but good send off.

Comment

I'll be there for sure!
          Spartan 10

Comment

I'm up for it. Just say the time and place.

Comment

In!

Comment

I'm in just don't make it for a day between the 11 d or i join because of work :)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Down!

Comment

Count me in...for now work depending.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Sounds like fun.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I am in!!!
                        sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

In.
                          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I'm in, and compared to last time we had a MilSim I'm 110% more confident in myself and others.

Let's do this, and do it right!
                            |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                            Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                            We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                            And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                            He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

In! Preferably sundays. Or saturdays before 4pm est

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X