This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last reminder for recent new players

Here is the link for the sticky thread that some of our new players may have missed:
    Everything you need

Here is an excerpt as to what this is about:
    "In short....TG ArmA is here for a mature gaming community that enjoys a battlefield sim. This is NOT a "First Person Shooter" per say and thus the only people who will make major decisions for any mission will be; Admins, Commanding Officer of the mission, Squad Leaders and Fireteam Leaders.... There is no "debate", there is listening, doing and learning. You are amongst a group of people of varying ages, with many ex-serving RL Military players, current serving RL Military players and ordinary gamers that just love this genre of game, many of which you will learn a great deal from. There are many different leadership styles, there is no "definitive" correct way, that said, all leaders shall and WILL treat all playes with respect and all players shall play with a mature attitude here at TG ArmA, be it ArmA1 or ArmA2.

LANGUAGE - Profanity is not something everyone wants to hear. Have some respect for your fellow gamers and refrain from swearing at every opportunity. If you choose to ignore this rule, the admins WILL clean out your mouth with a bar of "KICK" soap! You have been warned!: "
    :row__733:

I'd like to mention also that what sets us apart is the words "Mature" and "Tactical". That is why we choose to spend our gaming time here.

A hearty welcome to our recent new additions! It is a really good group & I anticipate a short learning curve to our way of playing here at TG.
    Last edited by Unkl; 05-11-2011, 08:04 AM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: The last reminder for recent new players

My name is Dredge and I approve of this message

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Two Thumbs Way Up.

Internet culture is shaped around the idea of anonymity. Taking advantage of it here at TG is not wise. If that is the way you behave in public then your choice to game here is incorrect. Many players with different vision for this game are gathering elsewhere to shoot it out.

Comment

My name is socom and I approve this message.

The cursing on the server has become atrocious. If I wanted to hear that much swearing, I would play Xbox live with all the 13 year old kids that swear because they think its cool.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I've not noticed a lot of swearing, the occasional slip yes, although I'm usually in a CO slot or a vehicle commander of late, so my exposure to it is quite minimal compared to others who tend to be more frontline, still I do think we should throw in a quick reminder for the time being just before a mission starts.

Comment

I really .really try not to let loose with the expletives but sometimes slip and ask for indulgence. I think I do well for a retired sailor. Good reminder though.

Comment

Unkl, thanks for the reminder.

Now everyone hold on to your seats, you may or may not like this.

I have unfortunately heard a lot of f bombs, and any other words that is not acceptable in TG.
              Specially recently with the influx of other TG players from other titles. Yes, I have spotted you folks. Whether you hate me for it or not, thats up to you. Nor would I care to know such people if that is the case.
              But for goodness sakes, you guys are wearing a TG tag!

While on topic of our behavior of late.

Also, note this; and I believe this will matter for the survival of our much loved game title.
              Your current behavior will have a direct effect on our growth. Why? You are now the core players who will shape the future of this game for the influx of new players.

I personally don't mind the occasional slip up of colorful words, however what I would rather not hear is the exclusive usage of the words in every sentence. There are a lot of other "Clans" (communities probably not) out there that accepts such behavior without the "Primer" of TG.
              If you cannot hold your tongue, or do not have that filter between your brain and your mouth. Keep your trap shut.
              Sometimes, ACRE's direct sound feature does not permit you to use words thinking others can't hear you. We can.

Some of us are fathers with their kids around when gaming. Or have family around, some of us just don't want to hear it.

It has nothing to do with being clean, Christian, or any other descriptives.
              But it has something to do with "Maturity", and the "TG Primer". Of which every single one of us signed and agreed when we registered.

LowSpeedHighDrags' rant out.

Now go out there and get some...
              Last edited by oniell121; 05-12-2011, 07:06 PM. Reason: Language edit.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

complaining about a word you used in your complaint is rad.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post

I have unfortunately heard a lot of f bombs, and any other words that is not acceptable in TG.
                  Specially recently with the influx of other TG players from other titles. Yes, I have spotted you folks. Whether you hate me for it or not, thats up to you. Nor would I care to know such people if that is the case.
                  But for goodness sakes, you guys are wearing a TG tag!
                  While this may be true that alot of "us" from different titles may be harsh around the edges we play for the same reason you guys do, for fun. And i dont hate you for calling us out but you have to understand this...we make up your newly reformed community and alienating us to prove a point wont please anyone. Unkl appropriately asked people to behave better on the server politely without singling out any group or people in specific and ill gladly comply with what hes asked because thats the rule. This community has alot of people that will blow a gasket when you single them out like that and its just as offensive as swearing is.

And sometimes people who have been around here a long time get complacent and get a bit off track. Friendly reminders like Unkls are a nice way to keep us inline. Im not going to pretend im a model citizen because i do swear, and i dont do it with the intention of insulting anyone but it happens. And I appreciate in the future LowSpeed if you consider the "new" players as one with the community and not a separate group like a bunch of losers kicked in the corner that no one likes. Because thats kind of what the quoted paragraph feels like to me. And to clear things up, quite of few of us "new guys" were playing arma when it started at TG before ALOT of the "old" players here were even playing...we've just returned.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Ankyle,
                    Thank you for the brusque history of ArmA before my time.

I acknowledge your reply to my post; placing my ego aside for the thread to continue with discourse.

Sent from my 2x4 using strings

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Sigh.... How did this turn into "Us" against "Them" and when we started playing here? First and foremost, we are all TG here.

Comment

Time to lock! :) lol.
                        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                          Sigh.... How did this turn into "Us" against "Them" and when we started playing here? First and foremost, we are all TG here.
                          Its not Chief and I'd never expect it to be. Dont think that im trying to start a war here because im not. I just was trying to point out that we are all one community and that when an admin gives a heads up its to EVERYONE in the community not a certain group of people and that pointing fingers really isnt helping the fact at all. Thats all i was trying to prove, if you got anything else other then that from my post then im sorry for the confusion.
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Do you guys realize that there are also new people not just coming from PR?? You guys are getting a little touchy!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone for hearing the message. The atmosphere improved immediately and I also personally appreciate the effort. A way of speaking is a hard habit to break.

On that note this thread will now sink.
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer
                              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                              189th Infantry Brigade Member
                              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X