• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal Event - Saturday 21st May, 13:00 EDT / 19:00 BST

Event Particulars

Day - Saturday 21st May
    Time - 13:00 EDT / 19:00 BST

This will be a Co-op (possibly tvt.. but dominantly co-op) event somewhat outwith the usual style of events in that it will be a bit more relaxed. The same Command and control structure and Radio SOPs will be used, but the overall tone will be less formal event and more fun gathering night. My intent in running this is to get a lot of old friends back into the one place for a couple of missions seeing as I'll be dissapearing for a while and imo it would be an awesome night.

Player count will likely be maxed at 50, with any missions designed for this event being within a 30 player max requirement (ideally). Anyone willing to make a mission can do so for this event within these parameters. However, please try to test it fully before putting it up, if you need a hand with it just ask myself or any the guys knocking about online to assist.

This event is open to all players of all communities to take part in and I will shortly after posting here regarding it be posting on UO forums, I have already spoken to Boon UO side who has given me permission to. I would also call out to friends from RIP, Shacktac and co that you are all more than welcome to show up and join in.

There is similarly, no 'signup process' however if you intend to attend this event I would be grateful if you would state your intention in a reply below, you need not fill out in the usual signup manner however, just a simple 'I'll be there' is awesome.

Server info

Dredge has given me permission to use TG servers for this event, we will be running ACE, ACRE & TG Maps so will likely either be Bravo or Charlie. TS I assume will be TG but it hasn't been specifically stated to be so.

Rules

This will be played on a TG server, so all language should be kept to a PG-13 rating maximum, however an accidental slip is not going to cause any grief, happens.

In the event we get close to max numbers I will be enforcing a '30s do nothing' rule - basically at the start of the mission all players will remain in position to allow the server to fully settle into the load, it works very well on UO side and I would like to use it here to ensure all goes well.

Usual rules elsewise, don't be an annoyance, stick with your team leads / squad leads / etc and have fun!

I hope you can make it, it will be an awesome night and it would be as equally awesome to get a mission or two in with both old and new friends alike.

Hopefully I can make it to the Jacezz testimonial!

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: Informal Event - Saturday 21st May, 13:00 EDT / 19:00 BST

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
      Event Particulars

In the event we get close to max numbers I will be enforcing a '30s do nothing' rule - basically at the start of the mission all players will remain in position to allow the server to fully settle into the load, it works very well on UO side and I would like to use it here to ensure all goes well.
      I think i can add some color for people that have no idea what he's talking about.

He's referring to server desync. When you load a game with a lot of players, you might see that little yellow(or Red) chain icon in the bottom right side of your screen.
      When you spawn, just sit still for 30seconds until it goes away. Don't move. Pretend you are a tree, you are just there... ;)
      It's tough to remember to do, but i'm sure plenty of reminders will be offered up ;)
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Im down for this....
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

ok then

Comment

Im down, ill most likely be hung over (may long weekend) but ill do my best to make it!
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

im down

Comment

Cant make it.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X