Extreme realism prep class - 20th May 23:00 BST /18:00 EDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme realism prep class - 20th May 23:00 BST /18:00 EDT

Hey guys, on Friday I will be running a drop in class covering everything you will need to know for the extreme realism event, this includes ( in this order )

Basic infantry & Fireteam leadership ( fireteams, procedure, medical system )

MOUT combat ( breaches, clearing, formations, tactics)

Squad leadership ( Radio ops, movement, combat, tactics )

Platoon leadership ( General tips / tactics / advice - very light touch upon + dealing with mechanised units - US doctrine & assets. )

Possibly on top of ( depending on what time it is / how tired I am I may also give tips / advice on how to command / communicate and operate within an IFV / Mechanised asset )

Please indicate if you intend to attend so I know if I need to ask for Charlie or wether I can host on my own.

Re: Extreme realism prep class - 20th May 23:00 BST /18:00 EDT

I'll be there always good with some more practice
    Spartan 10

Comment

Very cool. That's a lot of ground to cover...will pop in if not a disruption.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm gone Fri-late Sunday night, so I'm missing everything. :(

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

I'm there for sure. I feel bad for missing Acog's basic training class twice. Can't wait to learn some basic comms, and everything else there sounds great.

Comment

Bear in mind although it says 'basic infantry' my definition of it is slightly more hardcore than most would assume, I won't teach you 'how to play the game' I assume you already know the very basics of the basics and will instead teach you how to work in your team, survive and contribute to the success of a mission.

If you already know how to shoot and move around, you are good to go for the class however.

Comment

Not a problem I have the basic down packed. I just been wanting to join one of these training class for a while now. I would like to see a more focus and serious outlook in Arma. And I believe your training class can offer that.

Comment

Just a suggestion for the class, You might want to not only give FM (field manual) doctrine but align it to the game. I have noticed people trying to single shoot targets instead of laying rounds down range and movement techniques have been a little lacking as well, not bad though. I understand that this is for your realism event, but I think the TGU department needs to start rolling some more classes out if they can to help the community. And not to nit pick, but what do you consider the "very basics"?

edit:

Re-read your post and understand your def. of basics, though how long do you think the class will run?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I regurgitate FM materials and take out the bits not relative to the game, gleam new ideas from real world practice to that which applies to Arma. E.g. my patented MOUT corner checking technique (which has yet to fail.). Practices like grenade usage in clearances just don't work in Arma right now, so I avoid all of that.

In particular though, I'd like to see mechanised assets not being used as an assaulting force, or at least less / in a hull down position when they are. I made the Op Morass asset missions with penalising you for taking risks with Assets in mind and I see the same mistakes being made very often. It's getting progressively better with each run through however!

In terms of single shooting targets, I believe that's more a game inspired mentality - whereas having a fireteam just put rounds downrange on a target to suppress may be more effective than each member going for an accurate shot, people often think it's landing the headshot that counts. I think this is more of a tactical awareness problem inspired by the typical shooter rather than anything more fundamental. Plus people have a habit of not carrying enough spare mags with them ;p I hope training FT leads to instruct members to suppress and dictate firing method will change people's opinions regarding this.

Shame it only has the full effect in TvTs, would be nice if AI reacted more realistically to being shot at :/ That said, still has a meaningful effect.

Hoping to take 1hr for the first two sections, going down to 45mins for the final two with a smoke / toilet break in between. A lot of the excess will be cut out and material will be very quick fire, understand? Try it, move on in nature.

Basics of the basics - interfacing with the game, understanding how to play it, interact, talk, aim, shoot etc. All the stuff you'll likely know already if you've played a few missions.

Comment

AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the clarification.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                      I think this is more of a tactical awareness problem inspired by the typical shooter rather than anything more fundamental.
                      This.

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                      I hope training FT leads to instruct members to suppress and dictate firing method will change people's opinions regarding this.
                      And this.

I think this is a must participate event. Seems like its gonna be preped up a lot more than your casual arma TG session. So anyone who wants to profit is sure to sign up. Count me in.
                      TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

Hi guys, I'll try to make it.
                        Especially interested in the correct use of the radio environment, and infantry tactics of course :D

I'm new.
                        Be careful around J.B.
                        He's danish.

Comment

I'm new here so I'll definitely try and make it. I'm an ArmA boot XD.

Comment

Ok guys, we may be chancing it running from my 'puter now... will see if I can get use of Charlie last minute :/

Comment

Class semi back on - will try to run from my own 'puter as I doubt we'll get Charlie for it, however please ensure to update to latest Ace, etc before class start!

Meet in TGU channel in 50 minutes!
                              Last edited by Jacezz; 05-20-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X