X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA3 officially announced...

ARMA3 Detail page

Key features:

* Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
    * Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.
    * Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.
    * Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
    * Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.
    * Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
    * Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: ArmA3 officially announced...

/drool

Saaaweeeeeet!!! I approve of this!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hope we get ACE3 aswell. One thing is for sure im not gonna enjoy people running around in all different uniforms in the same squad and smg's with sniper scopes but its looks good so far.
      Spartan 10

Comment

Those pics look amazing. Looks like my recently upgraded PC is going to just make the bare min...still no problem. Will be ready.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

damm arma 3 already?

has it really been that long since arma 2?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmpaket View Post
            Hope we get ACE3 aswell. One thing is for sure im not gonna enjoy people running around in all different uniforms in the same squad and smg's with sniper scopes but its looks good so far.
            Blah, do NOT want. ACE2 is the whole reason I don't play anymore.

I clicked the linking thinking "I never play ArmA2 so this is definitely a no go for me" but damn if these screens don't have me thinking twice.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
              Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
              It's going to be the next technical demonstrator and benchmark game, like Crysis was. These are ludicrous for a sim, and I can only assume that if you meet the requirements, you're going to be pulling 15-20fps. Crossing my fingers a lot of work goes into optimization.

Comment

My computer has been waiting for this game!!! I don't use fraps, don't care. As long as the game runs smooth and looks good is all that matters to me. The fps counting always seemed very e-pen** chest thumping to me.

Comment

WANT!
                  Hopefully we won't NEED ACE3 (who am I kidding? :p )

My hopes for this are:
                  *Improved Flight Controls (Full throttle mapping anyone?)
                  *ACE2 Features like earplugs, backblast, overpressure, medical, etc
                  *ACRE Type Radios
                  *Better AI (Especially in relation to CQB)

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                    WANT!
                    Hopefully we won't NEED ACE3 (who am I kidding? :p )

Its possible, just look at arrowhead, it took a lot of features from ace and made them into the actually game, the ace team just went ahead and improved a few other things and added more things

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

According to this thread, the "authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data" is Lemnos, off the coast of Greece. It's 477 square km, or 184 square miles.
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

no wonder their so into working with the PR devs. With 3 out they'll need a reason to sell 2

also

FUFUFUUFUFUFUFUFUUFUFUUF

i really didnt want to have to buy another game or upgrade my PC for a while.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I see underwater scuba attacks! Do want. Too bad they cant just make ACE/ACRE or PR be the multiplayer out of the box and allow people to tune it to their level of simulation.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

The biggest selling point for Arma 3 for me would be a integrated mod installer build in game made for the dumbest PC users Ive drooling over ace 2 for i dont know how long but i cant figure out how to get all the mods right to play a good MP game
                            RIP Spc Daniel Gomez July 18 2007
                            Adhamiyah, Iraq
                            1-26IN 2BCT 1ID

Comment

I'm more excited for that game than every other game I've heard of (Skyrim as an exception.)
                              |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                              Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                              We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                              And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                              He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X