New mission series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mission series

So I've gotten alot of positive feedback over the MARPAT series I've done. I'm going to be starting a similar series of missions on lingor "jungle style" with a max player count of 22-24. I haven't picked out a name for the series, but the premise is a Marine Expeditionary Unit is sent to lingor to help stabilize the country. The country is failing apart in a three way struggle between the governtment, the drug lords, and a communist leaning paramilitary faction. Think columbia durring Pablo Escabars rain of terror. The first set of missions will be small marine teams working with government forces, but later missions will be playable from diffrent sides in the conflict. Becuase of the large player size I'm wanting to add some sort of CAS option, without it becoming overpowered. I'll also be redoing MARPAT to get rid of the ticket system which doesn't work and adding a better way to get troops to the front after spawning in. If you have and suggestions fill free to drop them here.

Re: New mission series

Sounds great John, looking forward to these mate!

Comment

I would just suggest, if the "intended"mission size is going to be about 23, throw in a bunch of extra slots, so that we can "overpopulate" it, well into the 30s

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Ammo crates - Plenty of them, lots of spare magazines. I like being able to throw 12 mags in my ruck with 12(?) more in my main inventory ready to rock out without thinking twice about how much ammo I have left.

In terms of the CAS option, that would be new and fun. Can't say we have many missions i've played with CAS support.
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Sounds great, as for CAS you could ad an Apache that we would have to laze targets for at long ranges which would promote enough teamwork and its fun to call in / laze
          Last edited by Tarmpaket; 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM.
          Spartan 10

Comment

though for the marines i'd obviously say use the AH-1Z as there's a few loadout options for them too.

could be a case of experimenting, if something doesn't quite sit right then revise it and change it.

i look forward to what the outcome is, as i've enjoyed the marpat missions that i've played
            AnimalMother
            Ex TG-31st LR
            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Sounds pretty sweet man. If there is one thing I would like, is more enemy vehicles to fight. Now I don't want BMPs around every corner with a T-54 that has superman as his gunner. I just don't want to have 75 AT4s, 3 Javelins and 2 FM-92 Stingers and the strongest thing they have is a jeep with a broken transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                Sounds pretty sweet man. If there is one thing I would like, is more enemy vehicles to fight. Now I don't want BMPs around every corner with a T-54 that has superman as his gunner. I just don't want to have 75 AT4s, 3 Javelins and 2 FM-92 Stingers and the strongest thing they have is a jeep with a broken transmission.
                Sounds like a good idea, there is a cobra version with 75mm rockets and tow missles.

Comment

Instead of the Apache, use the AH-6 DAGR, this way a lone Apache crew can't own the map by itself.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

The MARPAT series were/are great due to it being a straight forward mission with no none sense involved.

Close enough to objectives to not need/depend on transport. But far enough away for manoeuvres.

Limited weapon spawns. Which also leaves more time for missions.

Keep 'em coming John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I personally think a GBU Harrier would work better, since it can't hover 1km out and take everyone out one at a time and without a good deal of skill requires a man on the ground to laze targets, also only limited ammo so you can't just bomb everything in the mission either.

Cas is tricky on smaller missions, very difficult to balance :/

Comment

It not as big a problem as I thought playing around with it, most of the mission is in deep jungle, which ruins the cobras ability to see targets even using the ?flir sight?. Don't know it thats what its called, the one that lets you see body heat, the tress block it as well.

Comment

Can we have nukes too?

I like nukes very much yes!

;)

Comment

John, if you can find a mod that has a napalm varient for the Harrier, get it submitted for addition to the server, haha.

Anyways, great news, I've always loved the MARPATs due to their strong teamwork oriented format. Many times have we won and lost the missions due to the presence or lack there of of teamwork.

....and now that I have been thinking... how about a mission that is very similar to the MARPATs; however the team needs to first get to the AO, maybe survive ambushes, plan proper routes, deal with casualties, etc. It'd of course have to be more than just a squad strength mission with a modified JIP/Respawn system compared to the previous.... I'll look into it my self and I may inquire on the way you had your MARPATs set up.
                            Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                            Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Marpat missions are some of the best I have played in my current stint of having the free time TO play!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X