Frustrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

I don't know if it's the game or I'm just lousy at this game but lately it hasn't been much fun. I prefer the maps where squads are marked and when the maps show exactly where everyone is. Also I find it very frustrating when the AI knows exactly where you are but you can't see them. I don't know maybe I'm expecting this to be more like the BF games.

Re: Frustrated

You are, calm down, learn to listen to you FTL or Squad leader, move slow and remember this is a simulation and not a Fp shooter.

Comment

It is much slower than PR, but it can still be fun if you get in on the right game. Sometimes the games can be mind numbingly boring, and you would think you are playing a walking/close order drill sim, but there are some awesome fire fights and fun missions out there that make it worth it.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

When they turn everything off, no names , no diamonds, no maps, iron sights, night with no NVG.... Thats when the fun begins. All you can do is stay close, listen up and pray. Make a mistake and you are dead, go it alone and you are dead. Training Teamwork and Tenacity and learn to die well. there are missions where I can go for an hour without firing a shot, laying low , dodging patrols, making end arounds rescuing and getting extracted and completing the mission through teamwork. I do not know my kill scores in Arma, thats not my thing, to me its the planning and execution of a well played mission with fellow mature gamers that matters.

Comment

Chief took the words out of my mouth.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I dislike when the map shows friendly positions. I like it when I can't see anything on the map and don't have a gps. Looking for land marks and triangulating my position us a skill I enjoy being challenged at.

But then, I also enjoy the maths simulator that is silent hunter 3 grey wolves :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Having markers / Chevrons for friendlies kinda makes it boring for me playing as CO / SL, I'd rather have to keep my situational awareness through traditional means - listening to the plan, understanding it, keeping it in mind and listening to Radio chatter alongside visually spotting & identifying friendlies. More experienced AI are also a plus as I often find Regular to be pushovers unless they're punting Tanks at you, and even then surviving by using cover and smoke coupled with horrid AI regular accuracy when done right allows you to completely bypass the threat a number of times.

In terms of getting shot before you see them, honestly it doesn't happen to me very often anymore... Think after so long you just get very good at spotting that guy in the bushes. Sticking to your FT / Squad greatly helps this also as you'll have more than one set of eyes scanning for targets.

Comment

I Agree with everything chief (altho it can be fun with some optics sometimes) and jacezzzzz said the difficulty makes it so much more enjoyable for me
                Spartan 10

Comment

I used to die every 4 seconds when i started playing with TG because I was used to playing FPS and Warfare with stupid AI map markers for friendlies and enemy etc

the secret is to just go slow and realise the enjoyment here at TG isnt with killing enemies in huge numbers but in completing the mission with slow deadly precision and team work. I was in a game last night where we completed a very dificult mission but we did it with no casualties and only light wounded because everyone worked as a team followed directions and we took t slow

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                  The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Hi Kreega, we were all new once, (Jack is still a n00b) so don't worry that you feel rusty and frustrated. You quickly learn and adapt in this game. Basically grab a squad, and follow close, listen and do what you can to help. Any of the guys in this thread are good to squad up with, but anyone on the TG servers is there for a reason, they like to play in a realistic manner, and will all help you. Point out that you are new, they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Enjoy learning, its a cool feeling when you start slaying bodies then!

Comment

Jeepo makes a great point while making a joke....

I do lead, but as you all might have seen, I make PLENTY of mistakes and I still do not know half of what this game intails. BUT what I do know is that by sticking to me fire-team buddy, by asking questions, and by absorbing everything tht I can when in game, has made me at least get a handle on Arma. We all have to realize that even though Arma is a game, its not a game, its a hobby. So much more goes into playing this game than your average FPS that it turns a lot of people off. Please do stick with it!

So in the briefing, ask questions to your FTL or SL through your squad (Green) chat, ask questions when you get into game while loading up. Hell join up with me and well have a good ole time my friend, the offer is always there! :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                        ... Think after so long you just get very good at spotting that guy in the bushes.

Pattern recognition. I notice every game, every terrain, the different light each has forces you to relearn to recognize shapes and such. I don't know how many times I've looked down my scope & realized I've been staring at an enemy (edit: or friendly!) thinking I was just seeing branches. It gets easier as you stick with it.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

With so many Domination missions played in the past. Enough to get most if not all players get used to the game, I believe this stage is over.

Most of us are used to the game engine and the basics ACE mod features that we don't really need to "turn it down" to novice level.
                          Same goes for ACRE radio mod.

Novice level meaning; Individual unit markers, enemy markers, Squad Leader chevrons, third person views, etc.

It only serves us better to get ourselves used to a more difficult settings, to push us to get better in this game/sim.
                          Everyone has their own preferences, myself included. But we all need to compromise for the betterment of the game/sim and our fellow players. Basically, it would be ideal to see our standards being raised rather than being pulled down to a beginners level.

As we transition over to the more difficult missions. It would surely be more gratifying to partake in a mission where all players involved have achieved it via solid teamworks and careful planning.

Rather than jumping into the mission without knowing the basics of the tasks needed for the sake of "let's go already."
                          If we all just glance at the "notes" and just start the mission. Without careful planning or taking the minimal necessary precautions of the planning stage.
                          Nine times out of ten, we will have some problems with either radios or transports or some other logistical problems which will just fuel the players annoyance at the missions.
                          Consequently throwing the "fun" out of the window due to the few who cannot sit for another few minutes in planning stage.

I have noticed this trend recently, and quite frankly this mentality is not benefiting your fellow players nor your CO; who has stepped up to lead.
                          Keep the chatter to the minimum, allow the leaders to formulate the plans, ask questions when required. Just this process alone can shorten the briefing time from "OMFG it's already 7 minutes!" to "Contact!"

If you don't want to wait for few more minutes, take the bull by the horn and take the lead.
                          Step up. Do it your own way. We will follow regardless of how silly the orders may seem.

This sim/game. Is not designed to be played by just "jumping in" and played by just yours truly. (with the exception of Domination, Insurgency type missions) There are other titles (also in TG) that excel at that and was made for it.

I realize that our playing time is limited due to our real life limitations with our spare times. But think of others who might have even lesser time than you.

Just my 2 cents...

TGU InstructorTG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean ∑ Former ARMA Admin ∑ Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

What frustrates me is the M4 and pistol clips everyone seems to find everywhere in the boxes im having a real hard time finding them

i will probably catch some hate for this pic but it really makes me sad when i hear "m4clip" :(
                            Last edited by Tarmpaket; 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM.
                            Spartan 10

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmpaket View Post
                              What frustrates me is the M4 and pistol clips everyone seems to find everywhere in the boxes im having a real hard time finding them

i will probably catch some hate for this pic but it really makes me sad when i hear "m4clip" :(

OK heres your hate. Technically youíre correct. However in Nam and for the past 40 years in the US military Iíve heard and used magazine interchangeably with the word clip. What you have pictured as a clip was called either a stripper clip or speedloader. Iím frustrated you left out a very important item. It is the metal guide that attached to the magazine which then held the speedloader. Without it the speedloader didn't speed load....lol Each bandoleer out of the metal ammo box had a couple of these clips.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X