My first TvT mission AAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first TvT mission AAS

I thought I would share my latest mission with you all since I'd like to hear your opinions and what you would like to see in an AAS mission (big or small).

Current features:
    -4 objectives that you have to capture in order (Hold all of them to win)
    -Objective markers turn blue or red depending on which faction is holding them.
    -30 second capture time that will be cancelled if you leave the objective or the other team is present on the objective in equal numbers.
    -USMC vs. RUSSIA (12 soldiers on each side split into 3 fireteams of four)
    -Respawn area on Staging Area (Ammobox included)

Shout out to Unkl who dedicated most of his day designing the trigger system used for the AAS!

​​​​​​​

Re: My first TvT mission AAS

Very cool... except that you're going to make MY first mission look like a piece of poo! :(

[Spartan 9]

Comment

HELL YA!!! The only thing I suggest is to lengthen the capture time by at least 45 seconds, but to tough to tell until we play. Thanks for taking the time out of your gaming to make this for us as we are hurting for missions that are not broken or played to death!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

This looks top notch. Super stoked to play it. This will tide me over until PR launches in July! Thanks to Unkl for contributing ;)

Comment

Looks great, nice to have some new guys mission making!

Comment

objective based tvt..great stuff...can't wait to play it. Thanks for making it.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I need to learn how to make missions :( always have good ideas but not a clue what to do :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Adept, We have a dedicated forum section for that. Pop in and ask away.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

We just played this mission on the server, it was a blast. Two small problems though.
                  1. On blufor team, repspawning players equipment changed back to ArmA2 class weapons. The 148s also disappeared and the 343 went back to default channel
                  2. When ever someone entered an already capped friendly zone, it said that side had seized the objective, even though it was already held.

Other than that, it was good fun.
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                  |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I had a BLAST on this mission, me and Jack hiding & whispering in the woods enemies popping out of nowhere. Alot of fun more of these please!
                    Spartan 10

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                      We just played this mission on the server, it was a blast. Two small problems though.
                      1. On blufor team, repspawning players equipment changed back to ArmA2 class weapons. The 148s also disappeared and the 343 went back to default channel
                      2. When ever someone entered an already capped friendly zone, it said that side had seized the objective, even though it was already held.

Other than that, it was good fun.
                      Thanks for the feedback!

1. Fixed it! Now you keep the gear you had when you died, so you'll just have to rearm magazines when you spawn.

2. I am aware of that, and I do believe it is because the triggers do repeated checks. I can see how it would impact gameplay since it practically gives the other team free intel. Not sure how to fix it though :/ EDIT: A possible solution would be to have no hint, just the objective marker change colour.

Originally posted by Tarmpaket View Post
                      I had a BLAST on this mission, me and Jack hiding & whispering in the woods enemies popping out of nowhere. Alot of fun more of these please!
                      Glad you liked it! I have more coming.

And some questions to you guys:

*When/if the mision was full did the battlefield feel too big or too small?

*Was the ironsight only (Except the respawn "bug") fun or would it be more fun with scopes as well?

*How was resupply? Did you desperatley need ammo on the field or was it okay with the spawn being the only resupply spot?

*More or less objectives?

*Vehicles, are they needed?
                      Last edited by Crawlingeye; 05-28-2011, 06:22 AM.
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Map size and squad size was just right.

*Was the ironsight only (Except the respawn "bug") fun or would it be more fun with scopes as well?

I prefer ironsight on this size of map.

*How was resupply? Did you desperatley need ammo on the field or was it okay with the spawn being the only resupply spot?

Resupply was appropiate.

The objective, size of map, and squad size very balanced.

For this size no need for vehicles or an AT soldier. Our AT soldier noted that having AT made his signature easy to spot standing, squatting, or laying in a prone position. I sugguested to him to drop it. Replace AT soldier with another Grenadier or Rifleman slot.

Overall Jack Bauer and Socom did a great job of planning and leading on our side. The place of the mission was perfect, you had a sunny beach, green forest, rolling hills, and picturesqe countryside.

I would like to see more of these Crawlingeye, Great Job
                        Last edited by SARGE; 05-28-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post

Map size and squad size was just right.

I prefer ironsight on this size of map.

Resupply was appropiate.

The objective, size of map, and squad size very balanced.

For this size no need for vehicles or an AT soldier. Our AT soldier noted that having AT made his signature easy to spot standing, squatting, or laying in a prone position. I sugguested to him to drop it. Replace AT soldier with another Grenadier or Rifleman slot.

Overall Jack Bauer and Socom did a great job of planning and leading on our side. The place of the mission was perfect, you had a sunny beach, green forest, rolling hills, and picturesqe countryside.

I would like to see more of these Crawlingeye, Great Job
                          Thanks Sarge! I will make the appropriate fixes!

Thanks everyone for your feedback!
                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Possibly having minimum of two players to cap a flag would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Allright, everything should be fixed now.

And here's a small teaser:

​​​​​​​

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...