Ribbons and you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons and you

All the new players can see them in the other players sigs, but none of them really know what it means or who gives them. Is it factual or just to make your e-peen bigger?

Until I found this thread hidden in the AAR section.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-aa...d-ribbons.html

Is it hidden because its no longer used? Also Jacezz said something about getting a ribbon for the FTL course some people attended, not sure what happened to that.

I personally don't care, but if the purpose is some recognition then thats definately nice.
    TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Re: Ribbons and you

They are very much still used. Check out (specifically the stickies at) http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...-presentation/

Anyone registered on the forums can nominate anyone else for a ribbon if they observe them performing heroic feats, either in-server or in the community at large.
    Do so by submitting an anonymous post to http://www.tacticalgamer.com/awards-submit-nomination/
    See http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...minations.html for sample nominations.

Ribbons aren't awarded for completing TGU courses. Pins are awarded for those. That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
    Check out http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ng-awards.html for more information on pins.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

The purpose of them is to recognize people have been considered by the community to have demonstrated excellence in their role or have demonstrated that they truly hold the TG primer to heart, etc.

TGU Classes no longer give out ribbons; however, they do offer pins. For example, I have the Basic Infantry Pin in my sig for attending the ArmA2 Basic Infantry course a while back.
      [EDIT: NIIINNNJAAAAASS!! Dang it... lol]
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Is there a ribbon for beating someone to the punch? :D

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Thank you Balfa. Thats all I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
            Is there a ribbon for beating someone to the punch? :D
            Only if you make it a cool post with pictures ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Attending scrims also nominate you for badges too

Comment

Whats a scrim? Is that Arma related?

Comment

External Scrims are organized matches between clans, communities, etc.
                  Internal Scrims are organized matches within the clan/community.
                  As per the internet: Scrim, friendly match between teams and clans in various ladders, shorthand for: scrimmage.

Participating in a scrim will earn you the specific External Scrim ribbon (if you look at Liquid's sig its the second on the bottom reading left to right) and if you attend an internal scrim you earn the TG v TG scrim ribbon. The ribbon on the right of my signature is the Internal Scrim (TG v TG) Class 3 which means I've attended three internal scrims.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

There probably arent a lot of ribbons in ARMA because we dont do a lot of PVP/TVT. Once we start playing larger TVT events people will probably get some more recognition. Im not saying ribbons are only for TVT, but I personally think killing another person vs a bot get's more recognition.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                      There probably arent a lot of ribbons in ARMA because we dont do a lot of PVP/TVT. Once we start playing larger TVT events people will probably get some more recognition. Im not saying ribbons are only for TVT, but I personally think killing another person vs a bot get's more recognition.
                      It all matters, if we're put into a very difficult mission, played on expert and part of the squad (say a Fire Team) the leader of that unit does very well at leading and his team proves to be a true game changer, then one ribbon they might be up for would be the Valorous Unit ribbon for example.
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Thank you for the info. All I really wanted to know is, since I saw the ribbons in the ArmA forums on people i knew played ArmA was:

1. Did they get them from ArmA?

2. If not which games are the from?

Comment

The ribbons are not ArmA specific, they're for any game here at Tactical Gamer.

Since I'm still pretty new to ArmA, my own are not from it. I got mine while playing Project Reality: BF2. Attended three scrims over there and got bombed about 50 times on a defensive position to get my valourous unit one, haha. Can't remember who my squad leader was that nominated us up for that ribbon.. :/
                          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

All of my Ribbons are from ArmA.

Ribbons are a great way to say thanks to your fellow gamers. Who particularly caught your eye during games/missions. It is not limited to just certain types of game play.
                            Some of them are recognised by fellow players displaying the Tactical Gamer Primer alone. (if i'm not mistaken)

Thank you Rambo for reminding us all about Ribbons, it was collecting too much dust in the archived corner.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

You are correct Low. There are many ribbons, and not all are game related.

As a side note, if there are any players here that want to do ribbons right ups but need help or suggestions or anything, feel free to contact any of the ArmA Admins. We would be more than happy to help you get a good write up for a ribbon nomination.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X