Anyone got a sound mod to suggest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a sound mod to suggest?

I'm getting kinda bored of the ACE sounds for AKs and most other opfor weapons...they sound pretty lackluster and puny.

What are you guys using for sound mods on Bravo server?

Re: Anyone got a sound mod to suggest?

I use RWS. You can get it here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13252

Here's a video to get a feel for the sounds. FYI it is still a beta and I believe they are still working on OPFOR side. The sounds for BLUFOR and vehicles are top notch though :)

Comment

wow, judging from other youtube vids, RWS sounds awesome! Downloading it now, thanks man...I was losing faith in soundmods, all the other popular ones sound very fake and "plastic" if you know what I mean.

Comment

I started using JSRS mod as suggested from couple people to be the most authentic.

TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

I like Sounds of Anders soundmod. I have tried JSRS, and found that the small arms were good but the vehicles and heavy weapons sounded awful. After watching the Real war sounds video, that seems like its worth checking out. Most sound mods are modular, meaning you can pick and choose which sounds you want enabled. Therefore allowing you to use numerous sound mods together to make a better soundmod. It requires a bit of work determining which files do what, but if you take the time, you can piece together a much better sounding customized sound mod. I will start making a customized sound mod soon, and I will post it on the forums for anyone that wants to give it a try.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

You need to exercise caution when choosing sound mods. Some of the mods out there cause a great deal of RPT spam. This means that the error reporting file (.rpt) is constantly writing entries which can slow your system and game down dramatically. The ones I know of which cause little to no .rpt spam are @ACE_SM (which comes with ACE), @JSRS (available here), *Bad Link*
            Last edited by Dredge; 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: Bad Link

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I've used JSRS for a while now. I love the small arms, though as previously mentioned, the vehicles sometimes are the best. You can get JSRS through the above link, or through Six Updater.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Does this automatically replace the Ace_sm or do you have to do something to get it to be the default sound mod?

Comment

JSRS used to work in conjunction with ACE_SM but now it is a stand alone.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Do sound mods just replace sound files with other ones, our do they change the behavior of sound at all? I seem to always have great trouble telling which direction gunfire is coming from, while others in my squad pin it down with ease.
                    Is it my sound mod, my onboard realtek sound chip, my headset, or just my aging ears? :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Balfa, that's sort of the current issue in dealing with right now with the combination of soundmods I recently setup. It seems there are some mods that react differently with distance, as in, you hear the bullet impact before the weapon report from a distance in some mods, as per real life, and some you don't. In respect to direction I don't have much of a problem, maybe because I'm using a logitech 7.1 headset, but it seems some soundmods creators haven't put environment and distance into consideration when scripting their mods.

I'm currently running some ACE_SM for the world/environment/explosions/launchers, RWS for rifles and most primary weapons, and JSRS for vehicles/helicopters and it's working out pretty well.

My ArmA client strangely crashed last night just before I called it a night, I'm wondering if that .rpt thing that ACOG mentioned in a previous post had anything to do with it. Haven't done an testing in that respect.

EDIT: found a cool video that highlights bullet impact before weapon report effect in some different mods...

http://youtu.be/WiWMwEZhwg0

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                        Do sound mods just replace sound files with other ones, our do they change the behavior of sound at all? I seem to always have great trouble telling which direction gunfire is coming from, while others in my squad pin it down with ease.
                        Is it my sound mod, my onboard realtek sound chip, my headset, or just my aging ears? :)

With JSRS I 9/10 I know where the small fire is comming from because i hear the discharge bullet from gun sound and then a impact sound. I also hear the cracking sound and I know I am under fire. I think everyone whos goal is to be able to survive and manouver under a heavy firefight should make sure you can sense those aspects of combat.

Pointing at MGs that die all the time, because they don't know when s*** hits the fan. :)
                        TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

They die all the time because they have tracers :)

Also, that makes jsrs seem unrealistic to me. Like someone said earlier, you should hear the impact first, then the report. Bullets travel faster than sound.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X