Show Of Hands...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Of Hands...

How many players are or would be interested in attending a Commanders course? I plan on hosting one and would like to get a general feel of how many players would actually participate.

I have an outline for the course and I will say up front that if you are expecting an hour long run about on the server and a pin after, then this course is not for you. The commanders course will be held for about an hour or so a day for several days. The reason being is that there is a lot of information to go over, and a lot of discussions between the students and myself. There will be some practical application of lessons, but 80% will be lecture.

I know thats not everyones cup-o-tea, but this is a very specific course with specific goals. Also, those that attend and finish will be looked at more often to help lead on the server.

The reason I have decided to move forward with this class is there is a lack of players that feel that are able or are just unwilling to lead. I want to provide you all with the tools you need to be more confident in leading, and in turn provide our players with a solid group of players that step up to run missions. We have all been in the "Slot-Sim 2011" waiting for someone to lead a mission, and we all know that it usually ends up being one of a small handful of players that leads. My aim is to change that.

I don't want to scare anyone off, but I want you to realize this course wont be just putting bullets on target. Its about the big picture, command and control, asset management, etc. Everyone has the potential to be a great CO. All you need is encouragement and a little bit of knowledge you can pull from when the time comes. I would like to provide that knowledge.

So..who would attend? Bear in mind, there are no set dates yet but I will do Euro friendly classes as well.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Show Of Hands...

Thanks Dredge, I would like to attend such a class.

Comment

I'd definitely be in, although I'm still waiting for ftl and sl courses! :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
        I'd definitely be in, although I'm still waiting for ftl and sl courses! :)
        Those are coming as well :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yea I'd be down. I'll even subscribe as an SM if it'll get me in the door faster ;)

Comment

I would for sure

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I would love to but can you change the sound of your voice to that BF2 commander? But really, I'm down for this.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm in!
                |
                | |

"Kirov is boss"
                CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Very interested... I feel like Helen Keller when I try leading.

Comment

I would love to attend myself. Need to get myself in to CO positions more often than not.

Dredge, also, if you need a hand with anything, shoot me a PM.
                    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Can't hurt. Make it euro friendly.

Will there be a pin? :)

BTW I am posting a quick How not to be seen course and probably in a near future it would be good to do a how not to get shot course.

Last edited by rambo2; 06-04-2011, 01:33 PM.
                      TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

Always prepared to learn. I'm up. Try and get it on a weekend, please?
                        |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                        Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                        We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                        And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                        He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I'm going to be quite busy over the next few weeks, but I would definitely be interested in attending if I can make it.
                          "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Dredge, I would be willing to attend.
                            sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Great idea...very interested in attending!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X