ACE Update Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE Update Discussion Thread

Discuss recent ACE updates here; such as how to use new systems, etc.

Updates in ACE 1.11 RC1
    ACE

Changed
    • Added illumination to PKP reticle [q1184]
    • Disabled redundant turret indicator on Tunguska [q1184]
    • IMPROVED: Wind init [Sickboy]
    • Increased penetration value for artillery delay fuzes to 100mm [Nou]
    • Loading cargo into vehicles is now faster if there is crew inside the vehicle (they are doing the tie down). It is between 3-4 seconds to load with crew inside now. Changed with out crew to be between 8-10 seconds. [Nou]
    • Map tools roamer (ruler) now is correctly scaled to 1:50,000 scale. Remember that when using the out edge now you must multiply by two to get the correct value in meters (this effectivly increase the rulers edge from 1600 to 3200 meters). [Nou]
    • MapZoomLimitation now optional, enable with ace_sys_map_auto_limit = true. closes #20015 [Sickboy]
    • NV and TI sights on rifles and vehicles have limited view distance according to their real specs. Enable by placing the corresponding module on the map. Ref #19861 [q1184]
    • RWR position of west vehicles can be changed in the ACE Settings dialog to bottom right, top right, top left, bottom left (russian vehicles not done yet), ref #19790 [Xeno]
    • Sight adjustment on RPG-7 PGO is not allowed when looking through the PGO optics, to avoid confusion (it only applies when using ironsights). [q1184]

Fixed
    • Ace_sys_map_minMapSize override. refs #19959 [Sickboy]
    • Addon PKT MGs less murderous [zGuba]
    • BCS was still not correctly compensating for reversed northing maps (map makers, please, please, fix your grids, we shouldn't have to deal with this post OA!) [Nou]
      BIS "rain dance" when civilian driver meets enemy. [zGuba]
    • Proximity fuses on AI FFARs [zGuba]
    • Scripted reticles disappeared when right-clicking with active action menu, fixes #20022 [q1184]
    • Sight adjustment setting wasn't reliably ignored when using optics on RPG-7 PGO. [q1184]
    • Unable to switch to M2A2 driver position (now for real). Fixes #19309 [zGuba]
    • Wrong M240 for CSW when mounting L or B versions, fixes #19904 [rocko]

Added
    • Commander's optics direction indicator [q1184]
    • Functional BPK-2-42 sight reticle for BMP-2,BTR-90,Vodnik and BMD-2. Default keys to adjust the sight are ArrowUp/Down. [q1184]
    • Main gun digital direction indicator for commander [q1184]
    • Simulating angled bullet hits when sys_wounds is active. [zGuba]
    • Transport boxes for smoke grenades [VKing]
    • Working T-55 gunner sight. Use Arrow Up/Down to adjust the reticle, Shift-L to illuminate. [q1184]

Added
    • "ACE_Ballistics" editor mission used to generate ballistic tables for sight adjustment, FCS and wind deflection systems. [q1184]

ACEX

Changed
    • Better position of the light source on M4 flashlights; added flashlight feature for
    • G3 RSAS [Robalo]
    • Improved M1911 ironsights [zGuba]
    • New cyclic animations for Little Birds [zGuba]

Fixed
    • Removed sight adjustment from M72 [q1184]

I would also like to point a few updates in previous changelogs that people probably would like to know about:
    Important Updates in ACE 1.10 RC1/RC2
    • Map zoom limited to 4 digit grids, changeable through missions (additional server config option next update) via ace_sys_map_minMapSize being set to 0 to allow maximum zoom defined by map. Removed single bushes/trees from map. Moved compass "legend" to lower right hand corner of map (instead of hidden in the upper left behind the menu). [Nou]
    • Background screen for gesture system by Mikhail [Xeno]
    • Calibrated PP-61 sight for BRDM-2, BTR-60, BTR-70 [q1184]
    • Mouse gesture for shoulder tab (left side screen from top to bottom) [Xeno]
    • Ruck changed local event [ted23p]
    • Russian RWR SPO 15 LM [rocko]
    • Allow script deploy fastrope. [Sickboy]
    • Automatically give RF battery to units if missing; RF battery auto-loaded for players [Robalo]
    • Digital compass indication for car drivers, gunners and wheeled APC crews (due to inaccessible 3D compass) [zGuba]
    • Mouse gesture system, currently only available for handsignals. Start with TAB key, make a mouse gesture, release key, refs #19232 [Xeno]
    • Sys_reticles: 3D recoil effect when looking through optics, front focal plane reticles, illumination on/off (shift-L), moving reticles for Russian sniper rifles. Enable in userconfig. [q1184
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: ACE Update Discussion Thread

Well Six Updater isn't noticing the new updates for me. So I am still stuck with the old version.

Comment

does the six updater not showing have to do with the fact that our servers havent been updated? And do we know what the process is when there is an update that comes out, and the the time it takes our servers to be updated?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

They have been updated as far as I know. Because I join the server and I am getting ACE outdated messages.

Comment

Yeah they've been updated, I've been messing around with the new features myself. (Updated via SixUpdater using the TG server)
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Jack, you would start Sixupdater, and if the ACE folders are yellow you would then go to updater actions and click the command to " Intall or Update". Six will then update your ACE folders. When the process is over all your folders should be green.

I had to do that yesterday and it took all of 15 minutes. I didn't get a chance to go on Bravo server yesterday after I updated so I don't know if it was updated or not, but the process, I presume would be the same and maybe the same amount of time. An Arma Admin would have to answer server update status and times.

Comment

Still not showing the new updates on the server.

ACE is still at v.488 while the server is v.489, ACEX at v.333 while server is at v.334, etc.

Comment

Axis, look for Unk on TS or another Admin to help you. I won't be on till after 9:30pm est. It sounds like you need a one on one help.

Comment

Make sure you're installing/updating via the dynamic setting under Tactical Gamer on SixUpdater. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall ACE. It seems to have worked others, seems to be on your side or something.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I think I might of fixed it. I disabled autoskip in the options and it now recognizes as being outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                      I think I might of fixed it. I disabled autoskip in the options and it now recognizes as being outdated.
                      I was also having version problems (newer version than server), disabling auto-skip fixed it. It might be a good idea to mention that fix in the hitchhiker guide.

Edit : Alright, turns out it didn't fix it.
                      When deeds speak, words are nothing.
                      Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Comment

Nyax, I just posted for the Admins to address this. The Server needs to be updated.

Comment

ace 1.11 rc2
                          ace
                          changed
                          • corrected t-72 optics scales [zguba]
                          • corrected ta31f(acog) horizontal mil scale [q1184]
                          • enabled sight adjustment on rhib's m2 and mk19 [q1184]
                          • improved vog-25p simulation [q1184]

fixed
                          • acex soundmod introducing itself in requiredaddons [zguba]
                          • javelin exploding prematurely. Fixes #19620 [zguba]

added
                          • added "unload weapon" entry to self-interaction menu. [q1184]
                          • calibrated pgok-9 sight for spg-9. Features 2 separate reticles for heat/he, switchable with +/-. [q1184]

ACEX_RU

Fixed
                          • BMD-1 gunner reticle missing, fixes #20245 [q1184]
                          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

The Bravo server is now updated for ACRE and ACE. Start your Sixupdater, go to updater actions, click install and update, let it process and all 9 tiles should turn green.

Comment

Looking forward to unloading my weapon :D

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed