Digital Compass Addon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Compass Addon.

I've been using this addon fo r quite a while now, and find it most useful. No more twiddling around with keyboard keys when asked for directional information, just look in the top left corner of your screen, and, voila, the direction you're looking, in Degrees! Try it, you'll like it!
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7871

Re: Digital Compass Addon.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a compass, Vector 21B, etc.? I don't know feels too gamey for me.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

This is very tempting to get. How many times have I yelled, "CONTACT.... wait a sec.....um......ya 220 about 2-300 meters". And on the other hand I've been stripping away HUD elements to get a much more immersive feeling from my game. I even wish I could toggle the Shac-Tac Hud on & off!
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I know what you mean, but this allows you to concentrate on what's going on around you instead of breaking comcentration to find the right button for the Compass. I find it invaluable.

Comment

I don't argue the fact of how valuable it could be, it just takes away from the feel of some missions out there. I'd use this for say a more fast paced TvT or similar Coop mission, however for an MSO or a mission meant to be taken seriously, I'd disable a lot of the HUDs and similar.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

With this you can apparently disable it for those realistic moments.
            |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
            Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
            We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
            And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
            He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I'm 'meh' about this unless it takes up an equipment slot. At present the DAGR/pocket flip compass can do all this too. Map tools and math ftw.

Comment

This addon is disabled by default in game. You have to turn it on for each mission by pressing escape and turning it on. SO it's easy to toggle if you only want it for some missions.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Yep, you can still use the regular compass as you normally would with this running in the corner. It's an adjuct to the regular compass, not a replacement, unless you desire it.

Comment

I personally prefer the old compass. Because it seems to me that there should be a better way of communicating contact reports than a compass bearing, however accurate it may be. I find the time-direction technique to be quite affective, along with description of where said target is (on the side of the road behind a bush at my 12-o-clock).

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

This tool can be leveraged as an exploit in missions where mortar crews are not issued DAGR or GPS equipment for historical or realism reasons by the mission maker. Other than that, I see no problem for this.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this one. I do hate seeing a contact, pulling up the compass to then be shot in the face as I am trying to get my bearings and call it out. On the other hand, it does look kind of arcade'ish and out of place up there in the corner. I would probably use it if it was more sleek looking and placed somewhere else.

Comment

I want to be able to see my characters stance in game; would that qualify as a cheat in TvT also?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

No, it wouldn't. As a matter of fact, you can see your stance by enabling an option in your ACE userconfig.

unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                              ...unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful
                              Who is trolling? Is that not the same as what we are debating in this thread??

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X