Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to increase your marksmanship skills in ArmA 2? check this out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to increase your marksmanship skills in ArmA 2? check this out!

Some time ago, I came across a very useful, fun and practical target range mission for arma 2. The author is not me, and as much as I would like to give that original author credit, I have no idea who it is.

Features in this mission include:
    -Bullet Camera(camera tracks/follows projectile along its trajectory; option for realtime, 1/10 slowmo, 1/100 slomo)
    -Adjustable range via scroll menu
    -Weapon select menu, which works with any weapon mods you may be running, including ACE!
    -Projectile tracking info, including elevation, distance traveled, velocity of projectile on impact(only with bullet cam OFF) and damage dealt(1.00 = kill).
    -Infinite ammo, all usable magazines for selected weapon available.
    -Moving targets or stationary

Installation and usage:
    1. Download .zip file(only 5kb or so) Download link:http://www.mediafire.com/?s5q424habyclv85
    2. Extract to .../My Documents/Arma 2 Other profiles/{your profile name}/missions
    3. The mission MUST be run from the editor(so it can use assets from any mods); single player > editor > [select "Utes"] > Load > Select "TargetRange" OR "TargetRange_Man" > click "preview"
    4. Practice and become an excellent marksman!

Notes:
    -Changed range to target(s), realign range(you can move the range anywhere on the map with this command!) and weapon selection menu are all accessed through the scroll menu.

-Bullet cam and other options accessed by pressing "0, 0"

-Cancel bullet cam mode while projectile in flight by pressing "0, 0, 0"(so you don't have to watch a ricochet travel 3000meters!)

-This DOES work with vehicle mounted weapons and tank main gun rounds! Place a vehicle and have fun! The "TargetRange" mission has a pre-placed M1 Abrams.

Limitations:
    -(ACE) There is a script which constantly loads you with mags, this will prevent some weapons from being able to deploy the bipod. This may also result in your unit carrying HUGE amounts of weight(I've seen my weight reach 570kg!)

-(ACE)Using the grenade launcher range adjustment will break bullet tracking, meaning you cannot use bullet cam on GL's with ACE running, and will need to reload the mission to gain bullet cam functionality back. GL tracking works well without ACE, however.

-(ACRE)Having ACRE running causes the weapon select menu to take a long time to load fully, for some reason. Just don't run ACRE with it.

-This is single player only(the scripts just don't work with MP, and would require a massive rewrite), and I reiterate that you must run it from within the editor.

-Occasionally the bullet cam/bullet tracking will stop working, restart the mission to gain it back.

Download link:http://www.mediafire.com/?s5q424habyclv85

If you are the creator of this mission, please inform me so I can give credit, or remove this at your discretion.
    sigpic

Re: Want to increase your marksmanship skills in ArmA 2? check this out!

Nice find! +1. This should help some of you out....you know who you are.....can't hit the broadside of a barn with a howitzer.... ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

How come you cut in Line?

Comment

Sounds good, reminds me that supposedly theres a mission or something that came with the most recent ACE update that had to do with ballistics, will have to see if I can find anything about it.

Oh and Dredge, give me a good 8 digit and I'll hit the weathervane on the barn... but only with a howitzer, give me an M4 or anything else and might manage to hit myself in the back of the head.... :P
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Bullet cam....drool. Maybe if I try this mission I'll pick up them long range sticks now & then.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Will this help in Basic Training?

Seems even when using the site and zoomed in on the center of a target, I still have to fire a few shots just to hit the target, no matter how close I am.

Comment

It took me 5 tries to qualify for the Pistol and those targets could not be any closer.

Comment

Almost all the pistols have a wide MOA accuracy, IE a large 'cone of fire' which randomly disperses your shots. I've found that the glock 17 is the most accurate pistol, by a wide margin.
                sigpic

Comment

Good to know, but what is the trick to shooting straighter in ARMA II? Basic training is a bit hard to complete if the bullets keep flying in every direction but straight.

Comment

Originally posted by GPSpector View Post
                    Good to know, but what is the trick to shooting straighter in ARMA II? Basic training is a bit hard to complete if the bullets keep flying in every direction but straight.
                    I'm afraid to say, pistol marksmanship in arma 2 is a bit hit or miss....pun intended :P. There is a bit of luck involved as the bullets come out of the barrel at a random trajectory. Shooting at a target further than 20-30meters is a spray-and-pray situation, 15M is about as far as you can shoot and hit every shot. First time I shot a pistol with the bullet cam script on, I was quite shocked at their near-uselessness. However, your pistol is just a sidearm as a backup to your long gun, so in practical usage, it's all about aiming center mass and pumping out as many rounds as possible to save your virtual life.

EDIT: I just did some 'refresher' testing on this shooting range, and most the the pistols were quite effective out to 50-70m, almost 90% hits at 50m. I believe the statements I made above are less applicable with ACE running... The best advice I can give you is practice with the bullet cam, and things I'm sure you are aware of such as being mindful of stance and control your breath with right-mouse.
                    Last edited by WingmanSR; 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I've been in the habit of holding the Right Mouse button to use the site, I will see if releasing and then holding will show improvment.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X