Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 3 Teaser Trailer

http://youtu.be/DKKbisvGspQ

I didn't see a thread, so I just thought I would share.

Re: Arma 3 Teaser Trailer

I am probably the only one who is gonna say I'm not impressed with ArmA3 and don't understand what they are trying to do. The Comanche program was a huge failure and has been cancelled so why are they show casing this? Also with the increased graphics I hope they get their head out of their butt and learn the term optimization. For once I'm gonna dig in and not buy this until long after it's out. Is ArmA 3 supposed to be a high tech futuristic battlefield? I would rather see a beefed up player interaction system with the ability to interact with any given type of obstacle whether walls, windows, doors, taking cover, etc. It's really not a flight sim but more of a soldier sim so lets create some more intelligence in that field.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I might be wrong in this assessment and will wait for further analysis, but isn't that a Merkava Mk.IV that the Commanches are shooting at?

Are the IDF the OPFOR or have they simply sold the design for their indigenous armour to regional players, Turkey/Syria etc.?

EDIT: In response to Viper, I'm not sure the commanche program was entirely shut down. Shades of the commanche can be seen in the stealth UH-60 variant used in Operation Neptune Spear. I wouldn't be surprised whether research and development went forward to the point where production of a working prototype was viable in the event of a fifth-generation conflict with a near-peer. You don't lose the capability to make something when you prototype it.

That being said, this does seem to be set in the near future and therefore it's conceivable that the United States might have a use for the platform or something very similar. Still, I think this is going to feel a lot more 'Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter' and less like the 11B sim that we get in ARMA 2. ;)

Comment

No i understand that parts of it were probably used in other helicopter upgrades but just saying it's moving slowly out of my realism window. The video just doesn't tell us anything about the game. The Comanche platform itself was officially defunded as a production item I believe but then again I don't know where my money is going anymore :)

Sorry about going off track :)
        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
          I am probably the only one who is gonna say I'm not impressed with ArmA3 and don't understand what they are trying to do. The Comanche program was a huge failure and has been cancelled so why are they show casing this? Also with the increased graphics I hope they get their head out of their butt and learn the term optimization. For once I'm gonna dig in and not buy this until long after it's out. Is ArmA 3 supposed to be a high tech futuristic battlefield? I would rather see a beefed up player interaction system with the ability to interact with any given type of obstacle whether walls, windows, doors, taking cover, etc. It's really not a flight sim but more of a soldier sim so lets create some more intelligence in that field.

dude...clean up your inbox...I sent a pm but it bounced back...it said...

Miss ya bud..Hope you are doing well.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse