Tell us what you think of DLC usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us what you think of DLC usage

Lets just suppose that we were considering an MSO event. I don't know. Lets say it might be true. If it was based on BAF forces and some people only have the lite version (as in low res textures)...should we edit the mission to all USMC so that it looks pretty for all players?
    Keep it BAF
    68.00%
    Edit it to USMC
    32.00%
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Tell us what you think of DLC usage

I actually have BAF installed now, but back when I didn't, I hardly noticed a problem with them... Maybe it's just my old eyes, or maybe it's because I've played so much bf2pr, where everything looks kinda like mush.
    Honestly, I thought the BAF stuff was a community add on by someone and didn't hold them to the same standard.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I think some BAF would be fun..I actually have the ful version but it causes serious FPS issues when ever i try to install it resulting in me having to unistall arma 2 and reinstall it w/o the BAF add on

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I have BAF but I have heard that the SUSAT is unsable in it's low res version.

Comment

I love the BAF models. I just wish we had a scimitar and challenger in the modpack so we could get more utility out of them.

Comment

Voted to use it since i purchased it when it was on sale on Steam some time back. I still have no idea what i purchased or where it makes a difference... lol.

If not having the pack really makes things difficult to see/use in a COOP, I wouldn't want to put other people through the pain. But i see limited impact in a COOP type mission. TVT i'd think the issues might be more frequent. Just guessing tho.
            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I have it, lets use it.

Comment

Socom came along with another suggestion (you know 2 options is never enough!), we are adding 2xBAF 8 man squads & 2xUSMC 12 man squads on current test version. This is akin to the last MSO we ran.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

By the way, I dunno what mso means :p

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Back when we had some BAF missions on the server, I tried some of them. I would recommend not using them, or at least not using the weapons/vehicles from them. The problem stems from the Lite versions having Lite-version weapon reticles as well. While the LM85 is somewhat usable in medium/close range, it loses the ability to have any kind of longrange capability when the needle-sight is a blotchy, huge mess, and forget using the LAW: the red distance/targeting reticles are simply pale pink blurs.

An example of what i'm talking about:

L85

View inside a Warrior

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Having BAF and USMC allows for players who do not have the BAF pack to still be combat effective by playing on the USMC faction, where players who want to can still play on BAF. Theres also the ACOG version of the L85A2 which has a more usable reticle. Oh and the NLAW currently is useless even with the BAF pack! The thing tracks like its supposed to but won't even take out a BMP where its supposed to knock out tanks.
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

An undermanned USMC Platoon (2x 12 man squad), and 2x BAF squads (8 men each) would work well.

We should do that and make this whole thing easier!
                        |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                        Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                        We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                        And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                        He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I want another MSO no matter how you do it. I had a great time with that.

Comment

I guess I will get BAF then

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse