NEW PR:Arma video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW PR:Arma video

check it out at the reality forums, pretty cool!!!

LINK

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: NEW PR:Arma video

:icon12:
    Last edited by Jeepo; 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Great show, great sounds and detail of vehicle. I hope the release is soon. July is only around the corner.

Comment

Could someone summarize what PR is all about? I read their about page, features and forum posts and they're pretty devoid of information re: PR:ARMA2 as of yet.

What information I could find about PR:BF2 on their page, also confirmed by talkingBeer, has left me concerned, the thing I love most about ARMA2 are large coop missions where the enemy is less the shoddy AI and more the general confusion, confusion and logistics of large scale battle. Not to say I don't enjoy TvT but PR seems to have a much smaller focus; they list on their webpage a gametype involving 6v6 players! Why that's hardly a fireteam! I feel like to get the feeling I love out of coop ARMA you would need a massive playercount; 15 - 20 to a side. Now I don't personally see 30-40 players on the server, maybe that's just me, but perhaps PR could attract a bigger base.

Finally is their TvT brutally realistic ala ARMA's? Or does it involve respawns, CTF and all that standard FPS fare?

Thanks, sorry for the many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by owen View Post
          Could someone summarize what PR is all about? I read their about page, features and forum posts and they're pretty devoid of information re: PR:ARMA2 as of yet.

What information I could find about PR:BF2 on their page, also confirmed by talkingBeer, has left me concerned, the thing I love most about ARMA2 are large coop missions where the enemy is less the shoddy AI and more the general confusion, confusion and logistics of large scale battle. Not to say I don't enjoy TvT but PR seems to have a much smaller focus; they list on their webpage a gametype involving 6v6 players! Why that's hardly a fireteam! I feel like to get the feeling I love out of coop ARMA you would need a massive playercount; 15 - 20 to a side. Now I don't personally see 30-40 players on the server, maybe that's just me, but perhaps PR could attract a bigger base.

Finally is their TvT brutally realistic ala ARMA's? Or does it involve respawns, CTF and all that standard FPS fare?

Its going to namely use the game mode known as Assault and Secure (AAS). It involves going from control point to control point in a specific order to focus the fight. Project Reality's name of the game is to create a realistic enviroment where realistic tactics are used; however, gameplay is not sacrificed in order to make way for most realism points.

Chances are the PR Devs are going to make the game a lot more realistic than PR:BF2 is through the ArmA2 Engine; however, things are still going to have a lot of gamey feel most likely. We cannot tell from the info we've been given so far exactly how the game will play out, but people have their assumptions.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

It wont be 6v6 teams because thats pretty much COD. Chances are there will be six man squads out of a team of 32 similarily to BF2:PR. Or maybe more considering the arma engine will allow for it.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Hope its not gonna be like Duke Nukem Forever. When is this thing coming out?
              TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

Originally posted by rambo2 View Post
                Hope its not gonna be like Duke Nukem Forever. When is this thing coming out?
                Lol! Latest info is that release is set for July.

From here:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...-reel-5-a.html

Comment

Originally posted by owen View Post

By 6v6 I guess you're talking about skirmish mode. That is not actually a mode that is used for anything but seeding the server. Also regarding the player count, I dont see any problems getting the server filled, at least not for the first while after release.

The TG PR server is currently full on average about 12 hours a day at 62 players(http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...244.146:16567/). A lot of those will probably want to try out PR:A2. If they're going to stay will most likely depend on the quality and beginner friendlyness of PR:A2, which we have no idea about at this moment.

Comment

Way to go Jack. I almost forgot about this coming out..time seemed to be going by fast. Now I'm focused on this again and time is going to drag until release!

Comment

I'm confused...aside from the AAS multiplayer mode they've shown, what is PR adding to ArmA 2 that ACE doesn't? And why are people so excited for this?

I've never played BF2:PR, ArmA 2 takes care of my infantry sim itch, and from the videos I've seen, could one argue that BF2 PR is trying to emulate an infantry sim/ArmA 2-esque environment?

Maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Aborted Man View Post
                        I'm confused...aside from the AAS multiplayer mode they've shown, what is PR adding to ArmA 2 that ACE doesn't? And why are people so excited for this?

I've never played BF2:PR, ArmA 2 takes care of my infantry sim itch, and from the videos I've seen, could one argue that BF2 PR is trying to emulate an infantry sim/ArmA 2-esque environment?

Maybe I'm missing something?
                        Well there is the british faction as well as insurgency mode as well as a large playerbase, UI improvements, etc.

Also there is the sheer convenience of not having to muck about with a million mods that apparantly gets updated once every 2 hours. I have personally never been able to get into A2, but I'm hoping that PR will make it interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
                          Also there is the sheer convenience of not having to muck about with a million mods that apparantly gets updated once every 2 hours.
                          I honestly can't believe how you think this is a true and fair assessment of the current state of the art in Arma. Arma is not Bf2. PR is not ACE. Play both and try to gain some perspective before you go and label something with which you have no real knowledge and experience. Each title has its own advantages and drawbacks.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                            I honestly can't believe how you think this is a true and fair assessment of the current state of the art in Arma. Arma is not Bf2. PR is not ACE. Play both and try to gain some perspective before you go and label something with which you have no real knowledge and experience. Each title has its own advantages and drawbacks.
                            That was obviously an overstatement for effect. Fact is that I've never bothered with A2 because of the high barrier of entry, and I'm sure a lot of other people have it the same way. I'm looking forward to PR hopefully lowering that barrier, or at least give me an incentive to overcome it.

Comment

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X