UK Gamer ] Arma ii Frustrations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] UK Gamer ] Arma ii Frustrations

Hello guys a new forum member here but certainly not a new gamer. Im 38 and been a gamer since the zx81!

Having bought a new PC and have all the Arma series installed I have to say the experience is a little frustrating and stressful.
    What I intially wanted was small teams working together co-op to achieve co-op missions. Online is garbage for the majority
    of games, nobody talks, nobody knows whats happening, it's just not the experience I was / am looking for.

Is there any UK gameras out there wanting to play good co-op missions or to guide a bit of a noob through the ranks?

Hook me up. I am on steam > oOPara73Oo

Thanks guys / gals

Re: UK Gamer ] Arma ii Frustrations

I think you have found the right place. Join in on our TS server & jump in game. Glad you found TG. Give the SOP & Primer a read as well. I'm willing to bet they will make you feel at home.

Start with this post from our GO, Dredge:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1612294

Hopefully see you in game soon.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I wont pretend to have read all that, but how do you get to play with the Tact' gamers? do you have your own servers? ts?

Comment

TS3 server information:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html

Proper TS3 download for our current Arma2 set up:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1612623

At the moment we have two Arma servers running for Combined Operations. One is vanilla TacticalGamer.com Alpha server. And the other is the modded TacticalGamer.com Bravo server which runs ACE/ACRE and our own custom map pack @TGMaps. You can find them both through the Six Updater to connect to them with the proper add-ons.

As far as the reading goes, it's not as much as you might think. However, the central points are we strive to maintain a respectful environment where kids are welcomed as well. Where the chain of command is also followed so that we play Arma2 as a battlefield simulator.

Will watch for you on TS later today if you are around.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-so...ound-here.html

The above link will give you the TS info. After connecting you will have a red question mark to the right of your name. To the far right in TS you will see your unique id. Copy this and paste it in the unique area of TS on the forums. At the top of the forums, just under "Contacts and Supporting members", you will see "Quick links", click this and then click "Teamspeak",
          then click "set unique id" and paste your unique id in the box provided. This will allow you to talk in the different channels of our community.

Near the top of the channel listings you will see the Arma section. Look for someone in Arma Admin, Arma Help, or Arma Lounge channels. I will be on later and will try to help you get connected.

Comment

Welcome aboard Para....you found the right place. Hope we can squad up soon. Though the day to day is unpredictable the overall experience here at TG is what you are looking for I think.

I'm 46 and not the oldest of the bunch here. We have many others in and around my age range and above...and of course younger guys too. What we all have in common is a desire to work as team mates and to maximize our experience.

Welcome aboard...I'll be on a bit later today. hope to see you in game.

Cheers.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hello and welcome to TG (TacticalGamer)!

The overall style of play we welcome and we continually push towards is teamwork. Besides the obviously required semi-tactical, semi-mil sim approach. Afterall, this is a game/sim.

When you do have the time, after your registration processes for the TS3 and the SixUpdater. I would like to encourage you to read the TG Primer and the ArmA SOPs.

TG Primer is the mother of all rules. There quite a few things to read up on, but for the most part. If you treat others as you'd like to be treated, and have the TG "Mature" attitude. You're all good to go.
              While at it, reading the ArmA SOP section wouldn't go amiss either. Since it may pertain to you as well.

If I'm not mistaken. The majority of the ArmA players are from the other side of the pond. But there are many others who are from the European timezones as well. The server population varies on many factors. But to my not so well researched knowledge. The ideal times are either from 1800~2100 and 0100 hours onwards on GMT. Naturally the more common sense hour gaming is geared for the EU timezones and the no sense gaming hours are more for playing with the North American/South American players. I'm of the no sense gaming player due to my real life commitments. People usually are surprised to hear me say "it's 4~5am my time."

We are also hosting an impromptu training session today. Led by Unkl. An ArmA Admin and part of the Irregular ArmA plt. to boot.
              The details are posted in this vary forum.

Very much looking forward to meeting you online and welcoming you to our community.
              Oh and also trying to prove that our multiplayer/online gaming is garbage friendly as well.
              But since your motto is to be ready for anything, you'll get on gloriously here.

As others have posted above. If you do see my name on the TS channels. Feel free to contact me for any questions.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Welcome to TG! I felt the same way you did after I bought ArmA. Couldn't wait to get online and play some awesome team oriented co op and TvT games only to be frustrated by the same non communicating non teamworking BS I found in MW2 and BF:2142 then actually while playing 2142 I found the TG server and was glad to find some teamwork I checked out the forums and was overjoyed to see the ArmA division was the largest they had. I haven't ever had the team oriented play I have here at TG:ArmA anywhere else and I love every minute of it Boes bunch of gamers around.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Sounds good, I have all the updates, six shooter updates, ts sorted... now what :)
                  Forgot to mention, I hate having to deal with AI, prefer humans against or non at all.

Comment

I'm on TS now...where are you? ;)
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
                      I'm on TS now...where are you? ;)
                      2 mins..

Comment

How are you enjoying TG, Para? I hope you find your experiences here as worthwhile as I have.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

So far I am loving the game, and I can't thank the tac gamers enough, I have learnt more in the last 24 hours, than I have in the last 2 weeks. Thanks again guys.
                          I still have a million questions in game, but you guys took the time to guide me thorough, i will still make mistakes but its a step by step process. Probably still need to so some of the training days I have seen mentioned on the forums, so please keep me posted.

Style of play? very team orientated, either medic, or something that goes boom, I like the big stuff. Really looking forward to games where there are several fireteams each with their own objective that must be accomplished at timescales, togther, was hoping there was missions where you get 1 life only so if the medic does not make it to you, your out for that entire game until next game starts. realisim is where I am at :)

Comment

there are such missions but the problem with them is they tend to be "Server killers" in that when people die they leave the server and dont come back

we tend to favor missions where you are punished for dying by a long respawn as apoosed to respawn at all its a good compromise

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I understand Darwin , I thought the knowledge you get one life would add to the tension and element of more pre thought. I would totally accept being killed and being out for the rest of the mission if it was possible to spectate. That would be coolio foolio awesome ness., so sayeth I :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X