TG Maps community poll part deux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Maps community poll part deux

The TG administration has decided to add another map to the map pack. Once again, we are giving you the players the opportunity to pick the map you want. The admins do not want to blindly pick a map that we think players want, we want you to pick it for yourself. Everybody is entitled to vote. Everybody gets one vote, so choose wisely. The choices and their descriptions are listed below. A download link will also be provided, should you want to try it out for yourself.

Fallujah-

Description: Fallujah features
    - 10x10 Km terrain, 4x4 km city terrain
    - Based on satellite pictures from real Fallujah area
    - Big city (more than 3,000 buildings and growing)
    - Houses and palms from ArmA1 to keep high performances and framerate.
    - 2 Bridges and 2 dams
    - Real based road grid
    - Object placement AI-Friendly
    - Urban, desert and oasis area
    - 330.000 objects placed
    - One military airport to the south, one FOB on the northern area and another helicopter base in the northern city area.

Why is this map a good choice? Fallujah offers something that has always been lacking in ArmA; A large city map. The size of this city is immense and it will offer a new an interesting play style.

Download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315

Namalsk-

Description:

What is Namalsk?
    Namalsk is fictional island, located in Bering Strait. It is island with hard conditions for life, island is covered by needle-leaved trees, with high mountains covered by perma snow blanket.
    Very detailed island
    Covered almost by new objects (buildings and smaller misc objects
    There is an underground complex (still WIP)
    High resolution textures
    Tweaked ArmA2 trees for added performance.

Why is this map a good choice? This map offers a highly detailed alpine environment which introduces mountain fighting and artic warfare.

Download link:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7781

Celle-

Description:Based on the area around the town of Celle, Lower saxony, this "island" covers 250sqkm of real terrain compressed into 100sqkm ingame, thus resulting in a rough 1:5 scale.

This piece of map features two nearly ICAO approveable Airports with proper signage and new Airport-buildings, such as huge hangers. Besides that there is a terrain with rolling hills, open spaces and somewhat around 35 towns. All set in a Luneburg Heath style

-100km≤ real terrain
    -Authentic Celle City
    -Detailed Villages
    -Many Custom buildings/objects
    -Two airports, ICAO approved
    -Bergen-Hohne Military Training Area
    Why this map is a good choice? This map offers open fields, perfect for tank battles. It offers some high quality small cities, and it offers vast wooded environments.

Download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9448

Tora Bora-

Description:

This map, inspired by the afghanistan mountain region ToraBora, has altitudes ranging from aprox 2000 to 2750m. A remote and barren outback enviroment. The base of the map is the heightmap of my previous project Aiaktalik, altough reworked, tweaked and modified. The overall height of the map is reduced and roughened up. Also the sat map is completely redone to suit the Takistan textures i've used from OA. Furthermore all objects used so far are all from OA aswell, rocks, trees, bushes etc.

This Sandbox Edition is the first release of this ToraBora map. It's not completely finished yet, roads and more human features should still be added. It does however offer mission makers a sandbox environment to build upon. Mission makers could add outposts, bases and even villages with the appropriate modules like RTE etc. Apart from the vast humanly untouched terrain there are this time two villages to be found.

Why this map is a good choice? This map is based off of the mountainous region of Afghanistan, if you have ever wondered what combat in Afghanistan is like, then this map is for you.

Download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12969
    Fallujah
    64.29%
    Namalsk
    7.14%
    Celle
    7.14%
    Tora Bora
    21.43%

The poll is expired.

|TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: TG Maps community poll part deux

Voted for Fallujah. I would like to see a big city in ARMA.
    Sorry for my English :)
    Indirect Fire - Basic: Advanced:
    Basic Forward Observer -

Comment

Fallujah
      Be careful around J.B.
      He's danish.

Comment

Tried Fallujah Insurgency and didnít like the map. Donít agree that it is AI friendly or even a very interesting map. Yes it is a big city with many buildings. However most buildings are inside courtyards so youíre blocked in when traveling streets. And most of the buildings cannot be entered. This creates some funny moments when you can hear the AI bouncing off the walls and buildings but unable to get to where youíre at. Kind of disappointing really but perhaps put it on the server so others can try it.

Edit: This is Ver 1.1 I'm posting about...

Comment

Fallujah because i love close quarters combat :)
          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Fallujah.
            |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
            Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
            We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
            And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
            He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Fallujah
              |
              | |

"Kirov is boss"
              CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

I voted for Falluha, but are we not taking out the island Everon? If so, would it not be nice to replace it with one such as celle or comparable island?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The map voted here will replace Everon. That reminds me, I gotta go get a couple slices of pizza from the 241 :) jk Jack, love ya ...put down that bat pls
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Tora Bora, looked really interesting. It'd be cool add Fallujah, and one of the other three.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Tora Bora is a fantastic map which attempts to recreate the mountainous terrain of north west Afghanistan. There are some accurate depictions of real life towns (see Wanat and the Battle of Wanat). Overall a fantastic map.

Fallujah offers no micro terrain and can become quite boring. To a mission maker it can seem like a one trick pony if you are not careful. I've played many missions on it and whilst a good map, becomes quite repetitive after a while.

Namalsk is a map we had in the past but was deleted due to lack of missions made for it. Interesting map, not in my top 10.

Celle is an accurate representation of central Germany (albeit scaled down to size) which offers a great deal of micro terrain and dense woodland which offers better performance than Chernarus. Great tank warfare/combined arms map.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I vote for celle. It sounds like a map with many possible scenarios. And I also like the sound of tank/armour battles, something that is not to common on the servers.

Ps. My first post back in Afghanistan. Tora bora does not sound like fun to me:)
                        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                        Former ARMA Admin
                        Former ARMA TGU instructor
                        Former TGU Headmaster
                        Current Noob
                        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Abstain from voting.

I like new maps. Newer playground to make more missions on. One thing I would like to see maintained is variety.

TGU InstructorTG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean ∑ Former ARMA Admin ∑ Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I love snowy terrain. When we get "TG Maps community poll v3" I'm voting for Namalsk.
                            |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                            Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                            We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                            And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                            He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Keep those votes coming guys!
                              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X