Markolh's Guide to Casualties treatment in Arma 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markolh's Guide to Casualties treatment in Arma 2

This here guide will try to provide, Using game engine and real Medical technique, an attempt to Maximize Casualties Survival rates in combat

STEP 1 : SECURE THE CASUALTIES

* If the casualty is still awake and able to fight you may proceed directly to step 2

* Rapidly establish a perimeter around.

* Watch around in a 360 Degree manner for possible threat.

* once the perimeter is deemed secure, call for medical help, Remember.. the medic is Vulnerable when moving around KEEP HIM COVERED AS MUCH AS THE CASUALTIES

STEP 2 : EXAMINATION AND PRE-TREATMENT

* after having called the medic, you Can move the casualty to a safer place, either by Dragging or carrying. Drag is useful in combat situation and for short distance... However it appears to be a little buggy. Carry is more used for longer trek such as bringing the casualty to a Medical post or to a SAFE-ZONE further away.

* remember to Advise the medic if you move around in any way whatsoever be it toward him or toward some place else

* LISTEN TO THE MEDIC, If he deems the zone unsafe.... IT PROBABLY IS! Medics can't move while they treat someone

* once you are waiting for a Medic, you can treat the bleeding yourself and help speed up your recovery as it makes less things for the medic to worry about

* For downed players, the Carrier can treat the bleeding also, he should stay around to provide CPR as it increase the chances of survival

STEP 3 : TREATMENT

For treatment by the medic alone:

* the first thing to do is CPR, it increases the life timer of a victim as as such, survival chances

* Depending on the time required to reach the victim you may need to perform CPR more than once

* once the Casualty has a good enough timer left worry about the bleeding, assuming it was not treated before hand

* once the bleeding is done, administer Morphine and Epinephrine, the order is not that important, just remember that Epinephrine is more important as it helps the soldier wake up

* Depending if the Casualties legs have given out (not able to stand and walk) or if you have ample supplies administer First aid

For treatment with an assist (any soldiers around the medic):

* One soldier should maintain CPR going while others provide security. (cover him as he works)

* as the soldiers are doing the CPR, the medic should only worry about bleeding again assuming it was not Treated beforehand

* Pursue Treatment as seen before

After the Treatment, you can talk with the medic to resupply the bandages you used as he will usually carry more than he needs
    |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
    BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
    Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Re: Markolh's Guide to Casualties treatment in Arma 2

Good post, Markolh. Will keep this guide on hand.

Comment

Good article, have a couple of questions though.
      1. How much more time does CPR give you? isn't it like 10 seconds or something?
      2. Is there a way that a medic can tell how much time is left?

Also, something I've discovered (and correct me if I'm wrong), but people wake up faster if you give them one epi and one morphine. I of course use epi first as it should buy you more time (once again, correct me if I'm wrong).

Good write up, I'll definitely keep this in mind... maybe even add it to a print out manual if/when I make one

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

i did say you need both morphine and epi, the order just doesn't matter and as far as CPR not 100% sure hence why i often like to have 2 people

Comment

Some things to add:

CPR will not increase the life timer exponentially if only one person is preforming it. It only stabilizes the victim and SLOWS down the life time. (It does this by increasing the life timer enough for the player preforming CPR to allow for the animation to finish so they may preform it again with minimal time loss).

It is also a good idea - if the casualty has not been injured for too long - to apply morphine before the epinephrine. This is because so as long as a player is in pain they have a chance of passing out again/not waking up.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Isn't it true though, that you can add somthing like 20 seconds by using epi? I was playing as a medic yesterday on domi, TalkingBEERmug and I had to run quite a distance to get to Orbital, and since I got there first, being the medic, I hit him with epi, because I knew CPR would take to long. we had about 12 seconds to revive him before the epi. So the order I used was this
            1. Epi
              *BEERmug starts CPR
            2. Compress
            3. Compress
            4. Bandage
            5. Morphine
            6. Epi
            7. Medkit

If there's a better way to do this I'd very much love to know, since I haven't really been doing this for too long.

Comment

you really only need 1 morphine and 1 epi but as i said in the beginning of the guide i tried to mix the actual Medical training i have with the game engine. As far as gaining 20 sec with the epi.... can't tell

also with cpr, it's not for no reason that i said establishing a perimeter around your casualty... other soldiers can keep him alive to give you the time required to treat him

Comment

Originally posted by Shoomfie View Post
                Isn't it true though, that you can add somthing like 20 seconds by using epi? I was playing as a medic yesterday on domi, TalkingBEERmug and I had to run quite a distance to get to Orbital, and since I got there first, being the medic, I hit him with epi, because I knew CPR would take to long. we had about 12 seconds to revive him before the epi. So the order I used was this
                1. Epi
                  *BEERmug starts CPR
                2. Compress
                3. Compress
                4. Bandage
                5. Morphine
                6. Epi
                7. Medkit

If there's a better way to do this I'd very much love to know, since I haven't really been doing this for too long.
                Epinephrine actually does nothing if their bleeding isn't stopped. This is because epi gets the heart pumping more and expands the veins. In real life you can actually kill a soldier faster by giving them epinephrine before the bleeding is controlled.
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

NEAT!

I usually make sure I dont waste time around. So my order is.

1. Bandage.
                  2. Epi
                  3. Morphine

And 10s later he is good to go.
                  TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

I thought for sure, in the game, epi added more life time to the vic. hmm... I suppose the short answer is do whatever it takes to bring them back. And what you're saying about securing the scene is definately a must. You're own life is always priority number one... or else you might end up with two paitence, and no medic.

Comment

1st rule they said to me when i learned my medical stuff... ONLY go save someone if you know you can do it WITHOUT risking to endanger yourself there is no need for 2 wounded

Comment

Another thing to note:

If a medical station is nearby or somewhere in the mission, anyone can perform medical treatment on a patient there (unless specified otherwise). This can reduce the burden on a medic as well as provide a position to bring all casualties for treatment. My most recent version of my US Army Patrol mission has the MEDEVAC HMMWV movable field hospital.
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...