Trac IR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trac IR?

I was thinkinging about purchasing the Trac Ir5; wondering of it's worth getting?

Re: Trac IR?

I would suggest you look into freetrack first ArmA supports freetrack natively and imp freetrack is just as good if you take the time to get it set up right

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Dslyecxi

Here is a link to introduce you to the useage of TRacIR for Arma. Good for flight and groundpounding.

Comment

I love my freetrack flying a helo in first person is nearly impossible without it I'm not as big of a fan of it for first person infantry though if I do use it while ground pounding it has to be set very low otherwise I find it very difficult to aim a rifle accurately

Comment

Bought TrackIR 5 with a pro clip a week ago, now CanadaPost just needs to get in gear from its strike and get everything shipped.

Comment

I love my Track IR and recommend it to all. It works with a lot of my games, DIRT, Wings of Prey, F1, my other flight games.

Comment

Yeah i bought one today for dirt, but im sure it will get some use in Arma.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Dude, SWEEEEET!

Comment

If you go to dyslexi/shactac site, there's a coupon/discount code, that I think is still active. I personally am looking into freetrack though because it sounds less expensive, and I've heard good things about it.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                  "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I simply do not have the money to spend on a trackIR. Freetrack sounds like it might be cheaper though. Any recomendations on what physical items you should get to get it to work?

Comment

I have a free track, cost me couple dollars of spare parts, built it myself.
                      TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

For those getting TracIR, I found that I could now take out the view actions on the numpad except for center view, number 5, you will need this to keep you view centralized during game. I then replaced the views 1 thru 4 then 6 and 7 with the ingame von channels. 1 = direct comms, 2 = group, etc. I thought it would be good to have a direct single talk key assigned for each channel and it works for me. I kept numpad 5 as my center view for the TrackIR. Once you try it and use it for vehicles and aircraft you will notice an increased of ingame immersion.

Also your TrackIR will be affected by ambient light coming from your rear. So take notice of any light source above or rearward that would throw your sensors off.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                          For those getting TracIR, I found that I could now take out the view actions on the numpad except for center view, number 5, you will need this to keep you view centralized during game. I then replaced the views 1 thru 4 then 6 and 7 with the ingame von channels. 1 = direct comms, 2 = group, etc. I thought it would be good to have a direct single talk key assigned for each channel and it works for me. I kept numpad 5 as my center view for the TrackIR. Once you try it and use it for vehicles and aircraft you will notice an increased of ingame immersion.

Also your TrackIR will be affected by ambient light coming from your rear. So take notice of any light source above or rearward that would throw your sensors off.
                          This is one good thing about free track's ability to build your own rig, i had a similar problem so i added 2 extra leds to each of the 3 points and this created huge IR sources that i could then drown out the other IR sources with

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
                            I simply do not have the money to spend on a trackIR. Freetrack sounds like it might be cheaper though. Any recomendations on what physical items you should get to get it to work?
                            you need at bare minimum for 2 degree freedom a flashlight and a webcam

for the best effect though i use

a custom made clip i put on my headset with 3 sets of 3 IR leds i got from a local electric supply store.
                            youll need to build it:

--- wire
                            --- eletric tape
                            --- soldering iron & solder(though you could probably used that soldering paste ok too)
                            --- some resistors (there is a tool to figure out which ones on the freetrack website)
                            --- some sort of stability aid(wire coat hangar plastic pens etc this will be the "body" of the rig)
                            --- battery box with on/off switch(or you can wire aswitch in)

seems like alot but its really only about 5-6 bucks all said and done, i also recomend using some graph paper to get the dimensions right when building it

then all you need is a webcam but! i actually recomend the wii-mote it is already set up for receving only IR signals and gets 100+ FPS! which the higher FPS your camera gets the better and smoother your head tracking will be

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X