Recommend all players do not run Six Updater until Admins confer on MSO/ACE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend all players do not run Six Updater until Admins confer on MSO/ACE

HOLD ON RUNNING SIX UPDATER FOR THE MOMENT.

We have the MSO event built on an earlier version of ACE. Give us a bit of time to figure out what the best course of action is.

In the meantime if you have been launching with Six Updater, try Spirited Machine's ArmaII Launcher. That way you won't update ahead of the server.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Recommend all players do not run Six Updater until Admins confer on MSO/ACE

All good, server is updating now.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

From what I have seen Sickboy updates the Sixupdater GUI all thru the week, and ACE on Friday's. That's why you will have an install prompt some of the time thru the week. Just say NO to change configuration during reinstall process and all your presets and settings in Sixupdater will remain the same. Whenever you open Six, I recommend to read the Blog right in the middle of Sixupdater to read any announcements or other helpful info Sickboy might post to keep you informed on any changes or upcoming additions to Sixupdater.

Comment

Thanks, sarge... The seeming randomness of six always confuses me. :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Nuts!

I might've maybe just bought a new comp so that ArmaII (and ArmaIII) will run. Should I still hold off on updating?

Comment

No need to hold off with updating, Owen, the Server has now been updated so all is good to update with Six.

Comment

Thanks Sarge.

Another question, I held off on signing up for the MSO due to uncertainty as to when my computer situation would be. Is it too late to join now? Will there still be regular TG nights or is it MSO until it's over? I miss you guys / ARMA, I haven't seen anyone except small groups playing DOMI on the server recently :(

Comment

Hello owen,

It isn't too late to join the MSO. Just sign up in the relevant thread, get assigned to your squad and join the game.
                Hopefully, this MSO goes smoothly. We can rerun it depending on the players demands.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

What about ACRE...Will Six updater update ACRE? for me.

**(on further thought I guess six will just update the arma files needed for acre and I still need to reinstall the ACRE program, Yes??)

Yesterday during the MSO I dropped out because I had trouble changing channels on my 343 and I had a version vs. add on mismatch. Someone said I should delete ACRE and reinstall most up to date version. The Hitchhikers guide still pointed me to the same version or the installer and when I went to look for it elsewhere I couldn't find a 64 bit .exe self installer. By this time I had been out of game an hour or so and had to leave for my son's birthday party. Tonight I'll need to reinstall acre in order to play so...??? Any thoughts on where to find the 64 bit self installer. I downloaded ACRE from Armaholic and couldn't find the self installer in the download pkg...???WT heck...
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Grunt

If you delete the @ACRE folder from your install dir, then rerun six as admin, and do an Install and Update for your Bravo server preset, you should be good to go.

B

Comment

I don't think there is a self installer for the updated version of ACRE 1.3.4. Install the 64bit version(1.2.10) that you have.

1. Start sixupdater

2. Hoover you mouse pointer over @ACRE. then right click and select updater actions.

3. Select install or update.

Let it process and do the same actions with @Jay-----

Start TS up and click your once on your name. You should now have version 1.3.4

Now Grunt after you start Sixupdater, your Bravo server preset should show 9 green tiles and 2 black tiles. If they are yellow then just hoover your mouse over the Bravo server and do

the same updater actions as I showed you above.

Any other problems I will try to get on TS later tonight. I am doing a 12 hr shift and won't be home before 10:00pm EST.

For 2 weeks now the developer of ACRE has been doing updates thru Sixupdater. This is good, only the communication of such changes have been lacking. Our Admins didn't even know

as far as I know.

Sixupdater is being updated almost everyday by Sickboy. So if you start Sixupdater and it wants to install, let it, only choose NO to change the configuration( recommended). This will

save all your settings. Now also look for ACE to be updated on Friday's. You will see, after opening Six, that, in your preset area of Six, the tiles for the ACE mods are yellow. Do the

updater actions of install or update. The Admins know this now so if ACE is going to be updating we would be notified when the server is going to be updated when we can do the same.

Comment

Thanks Guys....

And apologies to the mixed unit squad I was leading when I dropped...I think it was Huskie, Myself, Warrior and ??
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed