Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census for ArmA Supporting Members

Hello Supporting Members,

The ArmA admin team would like any SMs' who are interested in ArmA title to just post their interests in the following thread if you haven't yet.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/members...t-census.html?

We are trying to get a head count for this title (ArmAII) and for those that are already playing the game.
    If you fall in the category of; "not sure", "not yet, maybe later" then please sign up in the thread above.

Thanks in advance.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: Census for ArmA Supporting Members

What about the non supporting members? I'd like to support in a different way :).
    TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by rambo2 View Post
        What about the non supporting members? I'd like to support in a different way :).
        Go and post in the linked thread then :)

Comment

Originally posted by subvertbeats View Post
          Go and post in the linked thread then :)
          Non supporting members do not have access to the thread which is linked. We get the following message:

vBulletin Message

ACOGRecon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
          If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I am thinking out load here, but to me this might be somehow related to what Apophis said earlier here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1631052

I am reading between the lines of course, and the conclusions he made I agree 100% with.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but it was my own initiative to send out the census. But who knows where it might lead.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It is always a good thing for admins to gain information on who plays, intends to play etc. There is no agenda to it, but it can be very useful in discussions at a higher strategic level.

Comment

Np, Lowspeed and I think its a great initiative.

As to what Jeepo said, what exactly do you gain by not accounting for people who do play and intent to play, but aren't supporting members?

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                    Non supporting members do not have access to the thread which is linked. We get the following message:
                    Sorry ACOG I quoted the wrong post - was meant for sapientiea, who said 'count me in' but hadnt posted in the census thread

Comment

Originally posted by rambo2 View Post
                      Np, Lowspeed and I think its a great initiative.

As to what Jeepo said, what exactly do you gain by not accounting for people who do play and intent to play, but aren't supporting members?
                      A very rough idea of how much the ArmA servers are self-supporting :)

Comment

Thank you WhiskeySix. That is definitely important, I mean I would hate to see it gone, but on the same side before I do start supporting, I would like same issues that Apophis mentioned in his post solved.

Comment

Hello Rambo,

It occurred to me that you may be wanting a defined answer behind the census.
                          Unfortunately, it does not exist. It is more a tool for the Admin team to use to benefit it's members.

But I can tell you why I have started the census, even though the answer that you seek may or may not become more confusing for you after my post. So here it goes.

Once I have returned as ArmA Admin, I wanted to get an idea of just how many players we had.
                          So I may better serve my role as an Admin effectively, when the issue arises in the future.

Where did I start? Get a census.

The primary reason I have wanted a census; To gather an accurate number of players for ArmA.

Such statistics could be used in many ways. As an example but not entirely: future proofing, utilizing the info to better manage the servers, utilizing the current roster for any positive contribution back to players, etc.

I figured I might as well start with the current SMs' to get the roster going. Why? because the Supporting Members are already committed. Whereas the regular visitors and regular members are not committed as much as the Supporting Members. In other words, I can get a more accurate head count and the information would be more concrete with less percentage of error.

Next step? Well, you can tell by the pace and the mood. We are accelerating. I hope and expect to see our title grow stronger and stronger, and I hope you can continue to progress and walk the line with us.

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                          ArmA2 is an expensive game to host. As such, it needs a decent amount of SM contribution to keep it going. Right now ArmA2 only exists here due to heavy SM participation from other games.
                          One of the reasons why I have returned to being a Supporting Member, among others. Even though my finances dictates otherwise. To me, it is money well invested for all our mutual interests in TG.

It would be great to hear Apophis say to other game titles other than ArmA in TG that; "XYZ game only exists here due to heavy SM participation from other games."
                          After all, those that know me. I have only exclusively played ArmA title in TG so far. It is my favorite title.

I hope this cleared some questions for you. As always, and my fellow admins would agree; our doors are open for any questions or feedback from all players.

LSHD

Comment

Thank you Lowspeed for taking the time to get back on that. I must say I am glad you took on the admin role (the above post speaks for that) and I would be happy to be of help to you, even though I am currently not a SM, a different type of help is possible. Just got into mission design, so I am hoping to start contributing on that end, if no other assistance is viable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X