Re: Seeding Alpha AGAIN!!! 7-19-2011 1500 GMT

Will be there shortly!
    |
    | |

"Kirov is boss"
    CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Awesome! I can't be online as much today but I'll be around for an hour or two!

Comment

Hi I joined in on the server last night for the first time under David Bullent which I really need to change, and I must say I really enjoyed the limited time I had, I'd love to join in again tonight, will anyone be on leading tonight like last night at around 7 gmt?

Regards

Dave.

Comment

First off, welcome to TG, Dave.

Yes. Charles Darwin, Paintscratcher and I are already on. We plan on doing the same thing again with squads, CAS and the likes depending on the number of people.
          |
          | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

Great I'll join ts tonight and really looking forward to it :)

Comment

Good news Dave glad to see you on the server and forums. Welcome to TG!
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
                Good news Dave glad to see you on the server and forums. Welcome to TG!

Thanks..

Comment

I'll be back on later. Had a fun first time with Dave, JB, PaintScratcher, Charles Darwin, Bo0g, Phlogius (sry if I misspell), and a few others I'm missing. JB even let me let go a few rounds on the minigun! :)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yea nice job AA, for a new player you did a great job. If you have any more questions feel free to hit me up on Xfire or ts etc. That goes for anyone new to A2, I'm going to have a load of free time over the next few months so I'll practically be begging for someone to help out :D

Points to note:

-Pencil and paper are your friends, callsigns and other info is essential for radio comms and having a brief noted down for yourself can save loads of time when formulating radio messages.

-Having said that, only know what you need to know. As an infantry soldier all you need to be worrying about is your squad lead, let him deal with the rest of the team. The more time you are keeping track of the rest of the team is time you could be spending scanning for targets.

-Always keep an eye on your surroundings, this is something I need to get better at for sure. We almost got into a whole world of hurt because of that BMP coming up behind us, if it wasn't for Phlogios and his awesome danger close CAS strike we would have been in trouble.

-Other than that just keep doing what your doing, keep asking the questions that your asking because its much better to ask and know than to not ask and be in the dark.

Good squading up with you, we should do it again some time.

Ok, so we just squaded up again. Excellent work again AA, you have learned much in the last few hours. You were practically leading FT2 at the end there. :)

To continue with the wall of text, I think we can all agree that Sector_15504's teaching skills are exceptional.
                    Last edited by PaintScratcher; 07-19-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Exceptional game today. I believe we topped at 31 players today. All went well and gave a good impression of how the gameplay is at TG. Huge amount of credit goes to Sector. I commend you on great in-the-field training of completely new people. You made commanding run smooth and easy for me.

Let's keep this up on Alpha. There is so many people out there who seek for servers like ours. Let seed again tomorrow!
                      |
                      | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

@Paint,

Yeah I almost swore that CAS took you out and then I saw you walking out of the smoke. :D
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

When we get that many on the server we need to start to team up to pull them into TS & the forums. This is because the VON was simply too laggy at that point to be effective. If it's possible it'd look like this:

1. person staying admin to handle in game issues - I prefer to not alt-tab out while admin because I keep a close eye out for people joining and prefer to hang around base if we are doing a Domi seeding to do the meet n greet

2. take turns so there is someone who can sit in the default channel to help get forums registered & connected with ts (can not be a leader or pilot or such)

As far as migrating new players to Bravo, perhaps that will happen quite naturally as new players get the sense of how great those mods are. However, having just joined Alpha, getting registered on forums & TS linked....then finding things like SOP's, the Primer...that's a long way to go already. Then it's time to get back to the shootin'!
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Keep up the good work guys!
                            TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

I am working on fixing the issues with the 60ish Domi map on alpha all the pilot slots should work now, I am not sure what the issue is with not being able to select some of the AT weapons. I also added TS info and website to markers on the map to help nudge players to check us out :)

if theres any other issues let me know and I'll look into them

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                              The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X