Alpha seeding Domi improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha seeding Domi improvements

In order to make seeding Alpha easier & more fun I am going to make another TG Domi I decided to start from scratch with the latest version of Dome as the version already there has several broken features. To this end I am wanting some input from people on what they would like to see, please keep in mind it must be all script based on vanilla ArmA.

So far my ideas are to remove artillery operators and add in the scripted artillery computers to some m119's or MLRS's its not Ace artillery but its a good compromise and easy to figure out for new players.

In the notes include a TG section containing some quick guides about getting started how to get on TS etc I would like some input on these as well.

I am going to try and change the pic behind the loading screen to one with the TG logo and listing the basic rules of the server I will also include these on the TG info page

With starting with fresh Domi names above peoples heads works again as does jumping from Helos. Limited weapons are also working.

I will reduce the rank point requirements by 1/4 to make it a viable option to use and still be fun.

Any other things you can think of?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Alpha seeding Domi improvements

How does the slot screen look?
    |
    | |

"Kirov is boss"
    CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

I think he means the playable slots in the lobby screen.
        or number of playable slots?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

OOh well I can make it whatever need be I was thinking e squads and various support personnel. Similar to what the one currently on alpha looks like

Comment

I would like to see fire teams of four with three fire teams per squad....thank your for doing this hard work!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Do you think 3 of four..or since its US army we should use standard US Army squads of 2 of four?

right now I have it with 3 squads of 1 squad lead and 2 fire teams each.

Comment

I kinda go by the rule of three from the TTP for that example, but it's up to you. :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I prefer the USMC rifle squad organization, but since we're stuck with the army I would stick with the 9 man squad.
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

I vote 9 man army squads.

My beef with domi has been twofold:

1) Missions: The missions presently offered in domi aren't very 'realistic'. I'd like to see more "Conduct presence patrol" or "identify cache/bomb-maker's workshop" or "route reconnaissance". More objectives that are feasible for a unit sized anywhere from a Squad to a Platoon+.

2) Roles: It would be nice if domi roles were a little more restrictive in terms of what kind of kit was available. US riflemen running around with silenced tac-50s and javs gets old pretty fast. I'm suggesting a more prescriptive 'magic box' that contains only one type of rifle, ammunition and items (rifles w/ each type of optic of course) allowing players to 'customize' their loadout without going over the top.

On that note, it's still possible to have completely narly loadouts/classes. For example, this is what I play whenever I'm on domi:

M240, belts, assorted kit and an AT-4 for maximum stopping power. Probably heavy as hell but here's definitive proof of someone using that combination. Now granted, he may have three guys with him who helped him carry the stuff, but I still make a strong case about it being a cool class.

In short: More realistic objectives (less of this radio tower crap and if you absolutely MUST use the radio tower, make it a CB radio antenna on the back of some dude's shack). COIN Domi, not Conventional Domi. And better kits that force people to pick a role and stay with it rather than 'jack of all trades-ing' their way through a mission.

That will make domi both Tactical and Tacticool.

I rest my case. :3
                    Last edited by Unkl; 07-21-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Believe me when I say we already have people on it in regards to overhauling Domination maps and many of your points have already been considered.
                      |
                      | |

"Kirov is boss"
                      CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

I see value in limiting the equipment by role, but one thing I really like about domi us that it's where I get to try out new things. I almost never snipe, for example, in any game. However in domi, I've picked a sniper rifle a handful if times, just to try it out. I don't want to have to go back to the slot screen
                        And rejoin the game every time I take a whim to try something else. Doing that takes like 5 minutes on my pc.
                        - Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Please remember domi is a seeder game mode, too many restrictions and no one will play it, people like the freedom of domi.

That being said, add some transport for infantry instead of just helicopters, its a problem I've seen all the time, current domi forces someone in a pilot role, and while that can be fun when there is loads to do, at the start its boring sitting around waiting, add some transport Humvee that respawn at base.

Also if you can change the side missions! PLEASE!!!! having to blow up a radio tower 3 times in a row is getting old.
                          Last edited by AdeptAbyss; 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                            Please remember domi is a seeder game mode, too many restrictions and no one will play it, people like the freedom of domi.
                            The thing is, that freedom allows for the server to get taken over by players only wanting to screw about with tacticool equipment and just tard-rush objectives without much real thought. As it has been said a lot in the past, there have been cases where players wanting to get an honest mission going rather than domi have been shot down because of "We LIKE domi, we don't LIKE coop. We play domi or you go away." kind of responses. I understand people like to try out new equipment and loadouts in domination, but that's what the editor/armory is for right, or maybe the occasional true mission that sees the equipment in them. Shouldn't we be able to pull the server out of the seed mission once the game has been seeded? (Also, a more tactical and up-to-standards version of domi might prove useful as an actual coop mission we can play whenever once the server is seeded)

We have to remember, ArmA isn't a first person shooter where everything is about getting kills, its a near milsim enviornment. The point of a mission is not to face a lot of diverse opponents and shoot a bunch of bots. It is about completing the maneveurs properly, going through all those radio comms/issues, going up against a dynamic an difficult enemy force that isn't extreme or too unrealistic. Domination as it is, just doesn't live up to that standard.
                            Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                            Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
                              As it has been said a lot in the past, there have been cases where players wanting to get an honest mission going rather than domi have been shot down because of "We LIKE domi, we don't LIKE coop. We play domi or you go away." kind of responses.
                              At this point, it should be put to a vote by the current admin, ask in chat 1 to stay domi, 2 for something else.
                              If people want to play a coop they will vote for a coop, if they vote for domi, well it's hardly fair to end a game when the majority want to play it while a small number want to play a coop.
                              Also just because you see 1 or 2 people acting idiots on domi doesn't mean the others arnt having a good "tactical" play of domi and are enjoying and would hate to swap until they at least have finished their mission.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X