Escape/evasion missions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape/evasion missions?

Hi there. I'm not an ArmA regular so forgive me for intruding upon your corner of TG, but I have a question: are there any good escape and evasion missions for ArmA2? I'm thinking of missions like "you're a crashed pilot who has to meet up with a friendly extraction team", or "you have to sneak in and take some reconnaissance photographs", or the mission in ArmA1 where you have to sneak through the enemy lines, snipe a general, then sneak back.
    Any recommendations would be welcome, whether they be singleplayer, co-op or TvT - specific names of missions especially. Links get you bonus cookies*.
    Thanks in advance.

*Not actual cookies.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Escape/evasion missions?

I have a almost finished mission which has a 2 man sniper team infiltrate to a vantage point before assassinating a General, then there's a 1km march out whilst the enemy reinforce the area.

It pays to take your time and not make contact! and to watch out for helicopters (as blackpython will atest to).

When I get back to my proper gaming PC i'll finish it up
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I will attest to that mission Animal. That hind imprinted an image of fear whenever I see one now...

I am in the brainstorming phase of a mission involving some "get out of enemy territory" kind of game play. It will feature limited equipment, weapons, etc. The only difficulty with these missions are the fact that they normally are smaller missions, not allowing for players to join the server while they're being played.
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

There is a tvt escape and evade mission on the server I think. Or used to be lol. Crashed hind crew chased by rebel fighters. It was pretty fun!

Westy, you are a TG member so feel free to stop by any time ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

There are a few escape and evade TvTs on the server. I'm sure the OFP mission pack is bound to have many sniper missions http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12793
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Ok, thanks for the responses guys. I remember playing one mission on the TG server ages ago where two people were a crashed helicopter crew and the rest of us were an extraction unit who had to pick them up. I think it might have been part of a Domination mission. Not sure as it was at least a year ago.
            I'm hoping to upgrade my PC soon to a level where I can run ArmA2 smoothly and prettily, so you might be seeing more of me over here in the next few months... :)
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

WindyEscape on Chernarus is one. Other than that, I am not sure.
              |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
              Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
              We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
              And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
              He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to get you on the server. I think I remember the mission you are talking about. Lol, me and Barnes where the pilots and we got captured. Right as they were taking us I got the scroll menu for their vehicle, jumped in the gunners seat, mowed them down and drove to the extraction. Lmao! There were so pissed. Ended up failing cause the bird went to the wrong lz and the OPFOR went to the right one. Let's just say that after having mowed some of them down and stole their truck they werent to worried about prisoners.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X