The GG thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GG thread

We seem to be lacking one of these in here, so I'll start it up.

Had a pretty good game of MARPAT (I believe?) today with JB leading. Everything just seemed to go relatively smooth, and we got through it with only 3 deaths. GG's all around.

Re: The GG thread

Shame I lost my connection last night. Would've enjoyed playing with you all.

Don't neglect the forum, she gets lonely. There is a forum section After Action Review (AAR) which you guys could spice up.
    This one: Awesome forum for any AAR posts

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

MARPAT Garmasar, Feriluce. 3 KIAs with the four DShKMs and the amount of infantry we faced is actually very, very good. It was a pleasure to SL the mission because of the great work by my FTLs (Tarm, Toxic and Rambo) and every single FT member and yourself as medic, Feriluce. I especially loved when FT1 was moving from the first CCP compound up the road - High five to Tarm for great initiative by setting up his FT in an overwatch position up the hillside in preparation for the other FTs bound - how FT 2 & 3 laid down a rain of bullets as suppressive fire in support of their advance.

A great team effort all the way around!
      |
      | |

"Kirov is boss"
      CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Epic game tonight on one of Lowspeeds missions where we had to kill the HVT in the middle of the town. I think it damn near took us three hoours, but it got real intense when night fell and we maneuvered into position. Great leading by all. Raven did a great job on the first part, Third did a great part on the HVT section and J.B. did an outstanding job of leading. I was an MG gunner and I believe that I went threw about 2600 rounds and got three kills (remember my job was to suppress) and loved every minute of it.

Thanks all!!!

edit:
        I think the ticket script isnt working, we had about 14-16 deaths, then had an epic extraction crash at the end that would have surely put us over the top. Nonetheless GREAT MISSION!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I really enjoyed the first Fallujah game, then went for dinner, and when I came back couldn't get on the server because it was full, so bit of a disappointment for me in the end :/

Comment

I have played the Fallujah map yesterday where we had to get rid of the insurgents inside the city. Raven was Co and did a very good job organising, he planned quick and didnt let us wait. Once in the city we slowed down quite a bit, but it was due to a fire team having multiple casualties and just me as a medic.

I'm really happy the Bravo server is getting more attention, good game!

Comment

Agree, the mission was fun, and that map is very nice. I had a blast playing. I do agree with wormy, our comms are really quite poor, the continual use of call signs does slow us up, but that's easy enough to work on in the future. Overall a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by Subsy View Post
                I really enjoyed the first Fallujah game, then went for dinner, and when I came back couldn't get on the server because it was full, so bit of a disappointment for me in the end :/
                I wish you could have waited a little longer...we did call that mission to get everyone in game.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Hey, how did my missions play? The first mission I was only there for an hour or so because now im currently 300+ miles from home. Did all play well?

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                    Hey, how did my missions play? The first mission I was only there for an hour or so because now im currently 300+ miles from home. Did all play well?
                    I'm not really sure which missions were yours, but I know that butter fingers were broken. There were 0 enemies, and after we got the crate to the dropoff, nothing happened.

Swift strike also urgently need some way to refuel, rearm and repair vehicles, as well as fixing the vehicle respawn so they dont respawn where they died. I believe thats made by lowspeed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
                      I'm not really sure which missions were yours, but I know that butter fingers were broken. There were 0 enemies, and after we got the crate to the dropoff, nothing happened.

Swift strike also urgently need some way to refuel, rearm and repair vehicles, as well as fixing the vehicle respawn so they dont respawn where they died. I believe thats made by lowspeed though.
                      I will look over the scripts on that mission. thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                        Your missions that I played last night were really good Sector. Now the only problem is that grid discrepancy. On the version we have loaded on TGMaps the eastings start at 05 not 00 like your version of Fallujah. That only matters on the mission where you give grid references in the tasks.

I think Lowspeed used a script to place enemy ai in one of the hotels too. The bug is that some rooms are closed & thus have no entry or exit possible. AI get placed in there & can shoot through the door but you can't know they are there until they say something or shoot at you.

Had a lot of fun on those missions last night. My head was falling on the keyboard but I still wanted to play.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Actually had a really good time on the CO82 Fallujah mission that we played today with 7 people untill the server crashed again. I pretty much only sat in the apache gunner seat firing missiles into the fog now and again, but I still had a blast.

I really think that mission would be very entertaining to do with some tweaks (4 deaths per player and then you get to go do something else for a while = meh) and a lot of people, or maybe as some kinda MSO event map.

Comment

Swift strike was truly epic... Thanks to sniping and owen for making fire team leading completely fluid and effortless.

I'm not sure if it's a mission bug, or something larger, but in swift strike, several of us were running around in noon sunlight while most of the team were needing nvgs because it was dark for them.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I believe thats due to the time messing up if you JIP. That is why the MSO had a time sync mechanic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X