Great games tonight.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great games tonight.

I learned a lot in terms of CQB, a topic barely touched on ARMA. I can't say I moved fluidly, but promise to make up for it next mission. Thanks again for the games.

Sucks that my internet died shortly afterwards.
    |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
    Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
    We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
    And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
    He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Re: Great games tonight.

Indeed, much learned from the Actual seat as well. Emphasis on clear communication and instruction for one. Slow down to speed up.
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

There is a thread just for this kinda stuff just above/below this!

Comment

This thread was much more an apology for being a turd and screwing up in maneuvering my men.
        |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
        Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
        We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
        And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
        He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I really enjoyed the first game, then went for dinner, and when I came back couldn't get on the server because it was full, so bit of a disappointment for me in the end :/

Comment

I was only participating in first mission and was great. Game was fluid good leading and communication but communication could be better in way that SL don't talk "Fire Team 1" because we was moving in group and 3 squads was on same position so we all hear direct channel. Several time I hear "Fire Team 2" go there and problem was all SL using same term so few times I was start to following wrong Sq FT.
            It will be more easy if for example my Delta SL using terms instead of "Fire Team 2" use "Delta 2". It will be more clear in that case and not confusing other players from other Squads especially new ones who not recognizing voices.

Its small thing which can significantly improve gameplay.

All in all this event reminded me on TG glory days in ArmA1 where I learn differences between COOP missions on different servers. Personally don't play COOP much but with you guys I will always like to play.

Looking forward for next event and hoping to more players because I will like to experience TvT with this level of organization which is still much better than on other servers.

Comment

Agree, the mission was fun, and that map is very nice. I had a blast playing. I do agree with wormy, our comms are really quite poor, the continual use of call signs does slow us up, but that's easy enough to work on in the future. Overall a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                Agree, the mission was fun, and that map is very nice. I had a blast playing. I do agree with wormy, our comms are really quite poor, the continual use of call signs does slow us up, but that's easy enough to work on in the future. Overall a great event.
                Comms was not that bad in general but this small detail could make a difference.

It is small step for a man but it is huge step for humanity.

Comment

Great games indeed folks. Now I wasn't on until much later so I missed the games some of you are talking about gosh darn it. About coms...not trying to be contrary but I'm missing the point about call signs perhaps....

We strive for realistic radio procedure. I know sometimes it gets a little clunky when everyone knows who is who by the sound of the voice, however when we have multiple elements using the same net all that practice comes in pretty handy. Wormeaten, I agree that call signs should sound distinct so that they can't be confused while the bullets are flying and you have a radio in each ear and your squad chattering away around you.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X