learning the game better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning the game better?

is there a seperate forum for how to use like a sniper rifle or rocket launcher and such? i know how to use the stinger, javelin, dragon, and at4. but still don't know how to use the mauus or the law yet, also not sure which launchers are good for what vehicle. plus id like to learn the sniper rifle if we ever need an extra sniper. but i was hoping i could find a separate forum for using vehicles and weapons and such.

I don't think so. Treat the law exactly like an at4. sniping is pretty complex. If you can't find someone on domi or something to help you out, I'd recommend just looking for youtube vids on ace2 sniping. I don't snipe, but I learned how, just in case a sniper next to me dies and our team needs several long range threats eliminated. Actually, you'd be surprised how often I've ended up in that situation :)

Now that you mention it, a whole tactics discussion & training sub forum would probably be useful :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: learning the game better?

The sniping elemenet is a surprisingly good simulation, get's more realistic with ACE mod applied. Always good to have a spotter, you will need to account for distance to target, wind, elevation. Most of it is common sense.

One thing you can do is load up the editor, put some AI on the map, place yourself and a weapons crate on the map and have at it, great way to get a 'feel' for the weapons. Whilst you won't have a spotter in that scenario you will learn about zeroing the rifle and holding off instead of rezeroing. Apologies if you know all this 'RL' stuff already, just trying to show how it is represented in game. Give me a shout if you need any help, I'm no expert but I can hit stuff. Perhaps I can make some tutorial videos on this if there is an interest.

Comment

I would love to take some shorting lessons from Vick Mackey!! :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Hey Vita158,

for starters you can check this guide out. http://www.armaholic.net/brazil/misc...de_ver_1.7.pdf
          TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

You can always post up in the TGU forum any training you would like to see offered. I'm sure a lot of players would benifit from it as well.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Just remember the ear plugs...

Comment

Originally posted by AxiomGreen View Post
                Just remember the ear plugs...
                Thanks to AxiomGreen, I now officially name "Ace earplugs" to "THE Ace earplugs"

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

After those technical-mounted dshkms last night, I'm not sure I have anything left for earplugs to protect!

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X