Line of Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line of Fire

I think that we can use a friendly reminder about watching the lines of fire. This is a very frustrating thing, that can be fixed by just keeping your head on a swivel and always go behind
    a player when you are passing them. There will be other enemies that you can kill take your time and watch where you are going. Doing this will help keep the players who you would normally
    go in front of sane.
    Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Re: Line of Fire

Alternatively to further the above - if you absolutely must go in front (i.e. no space behind him, no other quick way around without jeopardising unit cohesion) Say ' Guy, I'm Crossing in front! ' give it a moment, then go.

What he should say is 'Cross' letting you know it's safe to go, however don't expect it to happen every time and just give him a moment before passing in front.

For example - Warrior's busy taking shots at an OPFOR fireteam 450m out, we're on a fairly narrow rooftop and I need to get back to the ground floor, but Warriors placed himself in such a way that I can't get by without moving in front. So, I say.

"Warrior, Jace, crossing in front!"

So, he'd get back and say

"Stop being such a noob Jace"

And I would be sadface.

But you get the idea.

You - "Him, you, Crossing in front!"

Him - "You, Cross!".

Friendly fire averted!

Comment

I typically say (and hear others say) simply "crossing". I only give it about one second lead. Haven't had a problem with it so far, whether I'm the one crossing our being crossed.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I'd still shoot Jacezz, but at least I'd be tactical about it.

All kidding aside, follow what Jacezz(zzzzzzz) said,

If you've got to cross someone's firing sight, just yell "Crossing, left!" or from whatever side you're coming from.
        |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
        Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
        We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
        And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
        He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Or press V to step over them... Worth a shot.

Comment

or take an extra 5 seconds and go around behind them. the only time I step forward into the line of fire, is when we're moving up, or crossing a street in town.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
            "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shoomfie View Post
              or take an extra 5 seconds and go around behind them. the only time I step forward into the line of fire, is when we're moving up, or crossing a street in town.
              Because if they're standing against a wall, moving through solid concrete is not always an option.

Comment

This is a good topic. I think it points to a larger topic however, which is the 'skill' or knowledge of combat tactics (and the awareness to use them) some players possess but other don't.

I don't have any military training, everything i've learned has been on the streets homez (also known as TG servers, movies, and a limited amount of reading, lol). But I think if there were a TGU on basic fire and manuever, that could help a lot of the noobish mistakes many make day in and day out. Even if everyone can't attend, those that do can share the knowledge in their next mission. Like WHEN THEY VOLUNTEER TO LEAD A SQUAD OR FIRETEAM! (I find subtly works wonders :) )
                Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Some sort of training in tactics would be great as I don't no any lol.

Comment

When playing as an AR, you don't expect guys running in front of you and you should be told when someone is crossing like Jacezzzzz (x ∞) as you are usually laying down suppressive fire for prolonged periods of time and FOV is reduced. At the same time, the AR shouldn't position himself in awkward place as to compromise the fluidity of the sqauds operation.

Comment

Thank you for bringing this up! This is becoming a more frequent problem on the server especially with fallujah now with its close quarters combat. Alot of people seem to have problems with their situational awareness and most often, their immediate surroundings. I second (or third) the idea of a basic tactics and movement (wasnt there one like a week ago?) because it seems people need to be more aware. Biggest thing for me is the head swivel keys, they are suuuch a life saver. Kind of a pain in the butt to reach to the num pad to look around (TrackIR ftw?!) but it does wonders for your situational awareness.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I'll see if I can get some time to run through a FT Ops TGU class next week

Comment

Joe, did you know you can just hold down alt to move your head with the mouse? I didn't know you could use the numpad keys, but the seems far more awkward than using alt and the mouse.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X