Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with looking for a realistic Military sim server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with looking for a realistic Military sim server.

Hi all,

I've recently purchased arma II OA after seeing some very good video's of group missions on the internet. I particularly liked the discipline communications and tactics used. If I wanted to take part in realistic mil sim missions on the internet, where do I go and how do I go about it. I'm not a newby to online gaming. But I am a newby to Arma. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac.

Re: Help with looking for a realistic Military sim server.

Hey man,
    You can start by reading the "Getting Installed & Started with TG Arma2: Combined Operations" guide to get started on the Tactical Gamer Bravo server. The Alpha server is vanilla, so you won't need any mods for that. Bravo server with the mods will give you a better experience though. There's usually people on the servers most of the time, and there are events organised. Quite big turnouts, great fun :)

Comment

Just join in and loads of people will guide you through everything you need to learn, I myself have only been here a few weeks and have been taught a lot by all the very friendly guys here a TG, highly recommend it, and by all mean look me up and I'll run you through the basics.

Regards

Dave.

Comment

Welcome to the forums. While we pride ourselves for realistic milsim playable like to have a little fun too ;)

You should jump on one of our servers and see if you like it. Any of our players or admins would be more than happy to help you out with anything! If you have any questions, concerns, or anything feel free to post them up or shoot me a PM.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Welcome aboard. Dredge pretty much hit it on the head. We like a balance of seriousness and fun. Most times in game the milsim approach dominates we take ourselves very seriously but we try to balance it so there is a fun aspect as well.

You've come along at a great time. Read up on the ACRE mod. It's really immersive and fun. Leaders have to know more about the radios but you always have the option to come in as a rifleman or grunt which means little interaction over the platoon net but intense communication by voice and shortrange radio at the squad and fireteam level. Stick with the latter until you've gotten the hang of switching channels, adjusting power modes and leading men.

Welcome aboard. We'll see you in game.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Your in the right place./

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X