updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updates

Have we stopped telling people when there are updates to download?? Just joined a game, and found out there is an ACE update....would be kinda nice for those of us who dont run six all the time!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: updates

Comunication out of game needs to be worked on for sure Jack. I also found out that the server was updated and I could update with Six. But no notice from the Admins about anything.

Comment

Aren't they done on Fridays or Sundays? At least that's what I thought

Comment

True, but I saw people connecting all night that had to drop and update....just saying.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Six will provide an ACE update usually on Friday's but this has been an unofficial finding and not information about server updates from the Admins. It would be convienient if what and when updates will be done could be provided to the community so we can all plan to due necessary updates or not.
          Last edited by SARGE; 08-06-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I use another launcher for ArmA exactly for this purpose. I don't want to apply an update until Bravo is updated. I will find out when I connect to Bravo. If when the updates are put on the server if whomever is doing it has the time to make a post that there is an update thats nice but either way is the same to me because I still won't update until I get the message I am out of date from the server anyway.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I think what Jack is referring to is that the server was updated with no prior notice and clientel when entering found out they had to update.

Comment

Didn't we use to have a server update thread which was updated every time the server was updated? What happened to that?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

We did. But that was when ace had a recurring release. Now it comes and goes whenever they decide to update. One thing is, Apophis is handling alot of the server stuff like updates. I will let him know to give us a heads up when he updates the servers. But most of the time if he sees there is an update he will snag it rather than wait. Thank you for bringing this up though. We as an admin team will make sure we work on our server update communications.

If you see anything else we are slipping on let us know bid we don't know we can't fix it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I agree that a simple thread would be great here.

Omly admin can post, and only when a server update is made that impacts the users.

Specifically, the ability for users to subscribe to a forum thread with instant email notification is what would make this so valuable.

Comment

Just check six updater before you play? Only takes 2 minutes..

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Dave View Post
                        That too

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Dave View Post
                          I might be mistaken but doesnt that leave you open to updating things you shouldn't and thus not being compatible with the server?

Im not sure whats so controversial about the suggestion or why workarounds are being proposed; it would take 30 seconds to make a post after the server is updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Subsy View Post
                            I might be mistaken but doesnt that leave you open to updating things you shouldn't and thus not being compatible with the server?

Im not sure whats so controversial about the suggestion or why workarounds are being proposed; it would take 30 seconds to make a post after the server is updated.
                            And if you compare 30 seconds with 2 minutes per person per playsession it all adds up.

Comment

Counter to popular belief ACE is on an every two weeks update schedule, not some random update when they feel like it schedule. We used to have an update schedule and a thread informing people when the server would be and was updated. It takes a short amount of time to keep this updated and also helps keep the community appraised.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X